Doesntplaywellwithmorons!

Eclipse Kinetic FS

Just finished assembling this thing around 4am... and just popped out for a quickie test ride round the block and DAMN... the suspension doesn't bob from pedalling at ALL. Go figure for a store housebrand that imports their frames from taiwan, the shock and suspension geometry (the ICT path lines up just ahead of the fork) resulted in a bob free ride. Pretty damn good for a 21" size, 6.3 pound aluminium 4-bar horst-link frame that retails for $699 cdn (http://www.eclipsebicycles.com/en) complete with an X-fusion air shock that has adjustable rebound and adjustable compression (across a wide range, not just a simple lockout like similar looking Fox RL's have). And after that brief ride, I don't think it needs a shock with a pedal platform either (which would raise the price of course) as I took it on a short trail section as well as a couple kms of pavement and the only movement was from bumps. As pictured its 25.8 pounds complete, and by an interesting miracle the decals zoom is using on their 2006 carbon parts (like the riser bar I used) are identical color/style to the ones eclipse used for this frame. Think I'll need to get a Zoom carbon post for it next to complete the look. All the pivots employ cartridge bearings, the chainstays are assymetrical profiled with the left taking a straight path from the BB to dropout pivot, the frame uses a zero stack headset, and there's enough clearance for a 2.4" tire if I wanted something that big. Oh and with a 1.5" shock stroke the total rear travel is 3.6", which works out to a fairly low 2.4:1 leverage ratio.

I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I was looking at a new frame and considering Eclipse. Have you been out on any other rides? How does it handle?

It handles pretty well, its certainly capable of handling the stuff at kanata lakes/south march highlands, as well as the jack pine/lime kiln area. The only downside to the more XC frame as mine is (that the other one which is a bit heavier/beefier and all-mountain ish) is that the cartridge bearings in the linkage pivots at least aren't rubber sealed end ones. No big deal though, when they wear out I'll just replace them with the same bearings in the 2RS versions.
    I don't post to generate business for myself or make like I'm better than sliced bread

Speedhub doc.

A little retro

A little retro with the rockshox/amp brakes, white industries rocket hubs and ac cranks!!

Nice build must be a sweet ride fo sure!!
    Vern Dog the Bike Guy

Actually there's only the one white industry hub in front, the back is a formula... rockshox and amp rear rotors have an identical bolt circle diameter as the internation standard bolt circle diameter, they're just 3 bolt rotors instead of 6.