mtbr member
    Jan 2008

Divinci wilson carbon 2013

Hi,

Can anyone help me with frame sizing advice.

I am 5'10" and would like to buy a new wilson carbon frame.

I have looked at Devinci's website for sizing info and looked at the sizing of my current bike (Yeti 303rdh). Also looked at the frame sizing of other bike makes.

My problem is they all vary. I have read the 2012 bike medium came up small. Also a UK seller who listed the new medium being the same as last years large bike (although frame sizing chart does look like that is the case)!

So a bit confused by it all. Of cause at 2600 for the frame I want the size to be correct.

Any help from your experience would be great. Thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    So, Devinci have confirmed that the new 2013 carbon frames have the same dimensions as the 2012 alloy frames. Even though,after pointing this out, their own sizing chart was incorrect.

So at 5'10" can anyone that has been riding the 2012 bike tell me if a med will feel too small?

I like to go fast, but also have fun/air etc. Won't be doing too much in the way of racing.

Hope I might get some advice now the question is a bit more straight forward.

Thanks

mtbr member
    i am also curious on this as I'm 5 10. i would post this on ridemonkey. there seems to be a lot more wilson riders over there

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    HI!

I work at Devinci, I'm 5'10'' tall and I raced with a medium Wilson.

A medium will work but a large will be more comfortable. (more clearance between your knees and handlebar).

I hope to have helped!

Fred

mtbr member
    so they do measure the top tube differently?

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Thanks for your replies.

Fredo, it is good to have an answer from someone who is obviously very knowledgeable about the Wilson frame. Too know you raced on the medium frame is a big help. Clearly a medium will be fine for me then but a large will feel a little more roomy. It is just personal preference as to which would be best for me.

I'm coming from a medium Yeti which is on the smaller side but which I feel comfy on, so I'm thinking from what you say to go with medium.

As for the size charts, what I found is that the top tube length isn't measured from the centre of the seat tube in the frame to the centre of the head tube. As I understand it the measurement is taken as a horizontal line from the head tube to where it intersects the seat tube. This makes the top tube measurement effectively longer than the actual top tube length. Other companies I believe use the same idea but with all the different angles on the frames the measurements become hard to compare. Some frames will feel short when pedalling seated, but fine when standing on the pedals (bottom bracket) and visa versa. There is also an effective TT length used by some which is measured from the head tube to a line drawn vertically up from the bottom bracket. It is all too difficult to work out, you need to ride one or if that is not possible call on peoples experience.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Hi Parks!

I stopped racing dh due to an accident. I will restart riding AM and light DH next season on a dixon RX.

But if I had to buy a wilson again. I would take a large!

Fred