fear this

Devinci wheelset

My '07 Hectik came with a set of Devinci's own wheels. I'm not a keener at all. I've got an old Mavic EX325 front and Mavic EX729 rear wheel on my urban bike, but not sure of the quality of the Devinci wheels. I'm going on a long epic ride at the end of the month and I'm not sure whether I should swap the wheelset. Any opinions welcome.
    Norco Fluid LT
    Devinci Ollie, some goodies to lighten 'er up

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I've had problems with the rear hub...which I believe is made by Formula. The freehub didn't always engage. Could often get 1-2 pedal strokes before it would catch. Maybe they've solved the problem, I don't know.

fear this
    Quote Originally Posted by highroller
    I've had problems with the rear hub...which I believe is made by Formula. The freehub didn't always engage. Could often get 1-2 pedal strokes before it would catch. Maybe they've solved the problem, I don't know.
    I've had this exact same problem with my Ollie's wheelset, which is 150mm rear. I've been riding the Hectik and it doesn't seem to have the same issues... at least not yet. I'm going on an epic ride in a week or so, so perhaps I better do something about the wheel, just to be safe.