Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: DeVinci Thread

Tear it all out! SuperModerator

DeVinci Thread

Since there wasn't a DeVinci thread, I figured it was time to start one.

Ssteel's & ErrAzIb's Banzai

Banzai!!

wickerman1's Hucker

'04 Devinci Hucker

Greg M's Desperado

2004 Devinci Desperado

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Hey i'ts my bike

Some changes have been done for enduro racing

WTR weirwolf 2.3 team FR for Hutchies spider 2.1 airlight w/stan
    easton EA70 stem and EA50 bar for MG60 stem and carbon monkey lite bar
    HFX-9 brakes for Mag
    Ea50 seatpost and WTB speedVcomp saddle for thompson elite and WTB rocket V stealth

Weight 27.5 lbs on LBS scale

Next step: purchaise a pair of crossmax XL disc

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Any thoughts on the 05 Guzzler and Magma?

Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    Since there wasn't a DeVinci thread, I figured it was time to start one.
    I am looking for a all mountain/light freeride and the Guzzler and Magma look pretty nice, but no shops have any yet. Both bikes come with the Pike fork and look decent. I was at the "bike shop" in Calgary and a salesman told me they had a demo and it was nice but has a really long top tube that will be shortened for 06.

Has anyone had a chance to ride a demo or just throw in .02.

Inrideo est vita

Good job! My $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by ronny
    I am looking for a all mountain/light freeride and the Guzzler and Magma look pretty nice, but no shops have any yet. Both bikes come with the Pike fork and look decent. I was at the "bike shop" in Calgary and a salesman told me they had a demo and it was nice but has a really long top tube that will be shortened for 06.

The Banzai which is the same frame as the Magma and Guzzler, rides very well in almost all conditions. The slack headtube angle makes it difficult to make steep climbs, but hell... it Rips on the downside!

The TT is perfect in my opinion.

I also had the oportunity to ride the '05 bikes at a demo day and they feel very much the same as my '04 model.
    Canadian distribution: X-Fusion Shox, Rand Momentum lube and Canadian Shield fenders.
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Right on,

Thanks. Sounds good. There are too many good bikes to choose from right now. I am looking at the Guzzler and Magma, Heckler, Enduro, Saber, and a few others right now.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

my 0.02 too

I ride a 2004 med. banzai that are exactly the same frame as the 2005 guzzler and magma. I do a lot of epic rides and endurance racing on this bike and i do light freeride at mont-ste-anne. The bike is definitly bullet proof. Depending on the configuration (mine is on the light side a 27.5 lbs) it could be a decent climber if you can drop the travel of your fork (i use a TALAS) because of the slack head angle when the fork is fully extended..The rear linkage is very nice, 4bar with horstlink, just like the turner 5 spot and the ellsworth ICT but half the price...by the way....excellent customer service and the assembly quality is no fault

I ride with a friend that have an intense 5.5 (medium) and the rider position on thoses bikes(we are riding the same stem and handlebar) ils nearly similar with is 130mm minute fork..so when we swap bikes i feel at home, but i preferd the feeling of the TALAS for small bump and stiffness.

The new remix frame is named all-mountain light....some differences with my frame.....3/4 pound lighter, has butted tubing, has a shorter TT and a HA more XC oriented.....on the down side it is less strong, and can take only 130mm of fork travel...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Is the rear travel on the 04, 5" or 6"?

The 05 has 6" of travel, at least I think it does. I am looking into an 04 that has the Saint gruppo, and I dont know if I want these components, as they are not that compatible with other brands. I also dont like the idea of having to run a Saint rear thru axle rear hub for the Saint rear derailleur. I ride hard and have never needed a thru axle rear. Having a thru axle up front is enough for me.

I have heard nothing but good things about the Pike for 05 also.

Good to hear you guys like your Devinci rides. You got me thinking.

Inrideo est vita
    Is the rear travel on the 04, 5" or 6"?

The '04 has a Talas rear shock, it can be switched (on the fly) from 105mm, 125mm, 145mm (approx 4", 5" & 5.7") of travel.
    Canadian distribution: X-Fusion Shox, Rand Momentum lube and Canadian Shield fenders.
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook

Ride More Work Less
    Hi everyone...

here is my contribution to this Devinci thread, a really great bike company!

it is my first Devinci and not last.

I used to have a Specialized Stumpjumper (rigid), this is my first full suspension bike and I really love it. It is light and a blast to ride on the singletracks.

the bike is a cross country Moonracer 2004 size medium

bike weight about 25lbs now..

I just ugraded the pedals to 959, stem and handlebar to Ritchey WCS and Easton CT2. Seatpost is also changed for Ritchey Carbon WCS seatpost. Other than that it is pretty much stock.

other pics here :
    http://gallery.mtbr.com/showgallery....&ppuser=256335
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by pdontig; 02-03-2005 at 06:48 AM.

mtbr member
    That's a sharp Moonracer! Looks fast! does it feature chainstay pivots in the rear?

Ride More Work Less
    yes it has chainstays pivot

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

MORE Banzai questions.

Quote Originally Posted by SSteel
    The '04 has a Talas rear shock, it can be switched (on the fly) from 105mm, 125mm, 145mm (approx 4", 5" & 5.7") of travel.
    Okay, I got to test out a used 04 Banzai yesterday and have some questions. First I am 5'10" and the Banzai was a small and the owner says the small fits like a medium, which is what I usually ride. It tried it out on the sidewalk and it did not feel overly cramped. Are there any Banzai owners who are around 5'10" riding a small size? It was too crappy outside to get an accurate assessment for the bike. I will have to ride the bike when it is nicer out to really get a feel for it. The small size would be great for technical dh portions, but I am not sure about climbing.

One more thing, I have heard that Devinci gave the okay for a DC fork on the Banzai. Not that I would put one on, but this is testamount to the bikes durability if this is true.

Overall, the bike is impressive. I am really surprised that Devinci is not more popular. More shops in Calgary are starting to stock Devinci. The ripple effect has started.

Thank you to all the Devinci riders who have responded.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    i'm 5'11 and i ride medium........i can say that a medium devinci fit like all the medium bikes i've tested..(except santacruz, i ride a large chameleon)..get a small for 4X of mountaincross. Ffor trail riding, the medium will fit way better.

Inrideo est vita
    Okay, I got to test out a used 04 Banzai yesterday and have some questions. First I am 5'10" and the Banzai was a small and the owner says the small fits like a medium, which is what I usually ride. It tried it out on the sidewalk and it did not feel overly cramped. Are there any Banzai owners who are around 5'10" riding a small size? It was too crappy outside to get an accurate assessment for the bike. I will have to ride the bike when it is nicer out to really get a feel for it. The small size would be great for technical dh portions, but I am not sure about climbing.

One more thing, I have heard that Devinci gave the okay for a DC fork on the Banzai. Not that I would put one on, but this is testamount to the bikes durability if this is true.

Overall, the bike is impressive. I am really surprised that Devinci is not more popular. More shops in Calgary are starting to stock Devinci. The ripple effect has started.

Thank you to all the Devinci riders who have responded.

Sorry I took so long to respond, I don't check this thread that often...

I am 5'8" and I ride a Medium. Since the Banzai is all-mountain, and not big-huck freeride, I would say stay with the normal sizing convention. There is no way you should be riding a Small unless your arms were sawed-off at the elbows. If you are dead-set on a tight cockpit, then a Medium is for you.
    The engineers (and warranty dept) at Devinci assured me that it will take a double-crown fork, But they feel that anything over 8" may compromise the handling (not the strength) on climbs.
    I have thrashed my bike at Snowshoe Mtn and rear-wheel dropped off a 4' ledge (no I'm not smooth) and I have had no issues with the design, strength or even the paint (super durable). I liked it so much that for the 1st time in 6 years I have not replaced my bike between seasons. I have purchased a better fork (Pike) than the craptacular Minute 3:00 and as soon as I get around to it I will post an updated picture... maybe this weekend.

Ride a Devinci... cause if it's not Canadian, it's crap!
    Last edited by SSteel; 03-02-2005 at 12:29 PM.
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Can anyone give me any info on the 05 Devinci Johnson or Ollie? Looking into getting a new bike and they have struck my eye but are very hard to find here.(sacramento Ca.) Pros, cons, experiences with the company, etc......... Would really appreciate it! Thanks!

Inrideo est vita
    I have found their customer service to be excellent, and build quality top-notch.

If you buy a Devinci in the USA through a US dealer, you will get a faux-bar (single-pivot linkage actuated) design rather than a Canadian released 4-bar design. This is due to Specialized's hold on the patent in the USA (but less so in Canada).

If you like what you see, and you should, contact a Canadian dealer and have one shipped to you... so you gert the real deal. The Bike Zone located in Barrie, Ontario is worth dealing with (705) 725-0892. Ask for Joe.
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook

mtbr member

Wow!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CraigH
    wickerman1's Hucker

'04 Devinci Hucker
    Those are old pics when I first built it...
    here's what it looked like when I sold it.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

My Latest

Here is my most recent build. Hasn't even been ridden yet!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

My banzai was destroy by fire here is my new rig

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

my banzai was destroyed by fire her is my new ride

Inrideo est vita

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Banzai !

Sooo late posting these pics.

Voila.... my 2005 All Mountian Ride

TheRide.ca
    Facebook

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast