Thread: Devinci Story??

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

Devinci Story??

A Friend Of Mine Is Thinking Of A New Guzzler. More Or Less For Something Different From The Corporate B.s That Saturates The Mags. The Bike Looks Great But, We Keep Hearing About A Canadian Version And A U.s Version. What The @#$ Is The Story To All Of This? The Website Seems To Show No Difference In Models. Looking For A Lil Truth. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by westslope
    A Friend Of Mine Is Thinking Of A New Guzzler. More Or Less For Something Different From The Corporate B.s That Saturates The Mags. The Bike Looks Great But, We Keep Hearing About A Canadian Version And A U.s Version. What The @#$ Is The Story To All Of This? The Website Seems To Show No Difference In Models. Looking For A Lil Truth. Thanks.
    The canadian versions of the bikes are infringing the FSR patent owned by Specialized, so they can't sell it in the US. The difference is at the pivot near the rear axle. On the canadian version, the pivot is on the chainstay (like a Specialized, Norco, Turner, etc), while on the US version, the pivot is on the seatstay (like a Kona, Banshee, etc.)

I hope this helped!

mtbr member
    Mar 2005

that's it

thanks for the word! no reason to change our minds on the u.s version. sounds just as good as anything else. thanks again!