mtbr member
    Dec 2005

devinci remix - who knows?

this frame looks sweet but i couldn't find much information about it has anyone ridden this bike and can advice about it? is there any professional review you can refer me to? how aggressive can it be comparing let's say to a SC heckler? i'm not sure what kind of fork can be used on this frame, is it limited to 130mm?
    thanks!!!

LBS Manager

I know people who have them

and they love them. I have not road one yet (the people I know are not my size) but the pivots on the Remix and all Devincci bikes are the best I have ever seen far better than Elsworth Turner or Ventana. The only thing I don't like is the realy slack head angle but that is all personal preferance.
    Be sure to get a Canadian modle the USA modles are not a horst link bike they are a faux bar.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

there's no USA model for 2006

in any case i live in Israel so there's no problem with the horst link here... i'm aware of the slack head angle but i gotta say that i'm more worried about the BB height. i mean 14.1" is really high, especially comparing to my current enduro and i'm afraid it won't be stable as i'm used to. the geometry of this frame is more of a FR\DH frames than of a classic AM one. i guess i'll have to give it a test ride but i'm not sure i'll have the option to it's just that i fell in love with this frame the moment i saw it...

LBS Manager

It's a catch 22

I have an ETSX70 and I also ride a Stump Jumper some times (girl friends bike) The low BB on the Specialized make the bike feel super stable and it corners much better than the ETSX but the pedals are always slaming into things. The X 70 with it's much higher bb feels like you on stilts in comparison but I have never cliped a pedal on that bike and the chainrings rarely hit lgs. I wish I could tell you more about the Remix but My friends bike is way to big for me to ride. But after getting used to a bike with a high BB I must say I don't notice any signifagant draw backs.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

no doubt the enduro BB is too low

but i would settle for one around 13.5" , even the SC Nomad has only 13.7".

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by uvsh
    this frame looks sweet but i couldn't find much information about it has anyone ridden this bike and can advice about it? is there any professional review you can refer me to? how aggressive can it be comparing let's say to a SC heckler? i'm not sure what kind of fork can be used on this frame, is it limited to 130mm?
    thanks!!!
    I think the Guzzler/Magma would more comparable to the Heckler than the Remix. The Remix has a fairly long wheel base and a slack ha which make it a very capable bike on technical trails and will help with stability when descending a trail. With suspension up to 150mm, the Remix will have no problems on aggressive technical terrain.

The main difference is that the frame on the Remix has been lightened and does not have the gussets and general beefiness of the Heckler or Guzzler. I would not be airborne that much on the Remix for these reasons. I am sure it can handle the smaller jumps and bumps found on most trails though. The maximum tire clearance on the Remix is smaller than the Heckler also, which makes a difference on freeride terrain. The 130mm fork is more than likely on the Remix because it is a lighter frame also. This is not to say a Pike or AM1 couldn't be on it instead. I really don't know.

I used to have a Heckler and it takes it up a notch from the Remix, as it can be used for light freeriding. I have not been on a Remix, but it would probably have a slight edge in technical climbing over the Heckler because of the Horst Link.

You might want to page ErrAzib and ask him some questions, as he has a Remix and is on this forum sometimes.

Good luck with your search.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

i guess the Remix won't suit me after all :-(

Quote Originally Posted by ronny
    I think the Guzzler/Magma would more comparable to the Heckler than the Remix. The Remix has a fairly long wheel base and a slack ha which make it a very capable bike on technical trails and will help with stability when descending a trail. With suspension up to 150mm, the Remix will have no problems on aggressive technical terrain.

The main difference is that the frame on the Remix has been lightened and does not have the gussets and general beefiness of the Heckler or Guzzler. I would not be airborne that much on the Remix for these reasons. I am sure it can handle the smaller jumps and bumps found on most trails though. The maximum tire clearance on the Remix is smaller than the Heckler also, which makes a difference on freeride terrain. The 130mm fork is more than likely on the Remix because it is a lighter frame also. This is not to say a Pike or AM1 couldn't be on it instead. I really don't know.

I used to have a Heckler and it takes it up a notch from the Remix, as it can be used for light freeriding. I have not been on a Remix, but it would probably have a slight edge in technical climbing over the Heckler because of the Horst Link.

You might want to page ErrAzib and ask him some questions, as he has a Remix and is on this forum sometimes.

Good luck with your search.
    I also got an answer from devinci's customer support (at last should i say, it took them 2 weeks!) according to them anything longer than 130mm fork is not recommended and they also doesn't recommend using Fox DHX5.0 with it. to me it's a bit strange that a bike with 6" travel on the back can't get more than 5" on the front... b.t.w they say that for next year they'll come up with a new 6*6 more aggressive frame. i think i'll stick to my old Enduro for a little while and see where's my riding style going. if i'm really about to start taking those big jumps i'd go for something like the Nomad, intense 6.6, Enduro 150, etc. if not than i guess some classic All mountain frame as the 5spot will be perfect for me.