mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Devinci Needle Bearing Removal

Hi,

Ive just bought an 05 Devinci Ollie thats in desperate need of a paint job. Whats the best way of getting the bearings out of the front triangle? Can I just knock them out with a hammer and bar like wheel bearings? Im ok with the other bearings as I can just press them out, I just dont know how to go about the front triangle ones. Also does anyone know the bearing code/type?

Any help much appreciated!

Oli

mtbr member
    The bearings you need are labelled:

HK1414 RS for the front triangle bb pivot.
    HK1416 2RS for the front triangle and the upper rear triangle pivots.
    HK1216 2RS for the chain stay pivots.

I just bought bearing which I will replace the old ones with for my Johnson 05 frame.
    I will try to tap them out of the frame, but the best way is to push them out, but I donít have the proper tools.

Good luck with the paint job!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Ive got them sorted now, but half the codes were unreadable due to a bit of corrosion on the face of the bearing.

The frames now painted and rebuilt, just got to do a little bit of sanding here and there.
    I used a socket extension through the bearing and hammered them out, came out real easy.....well most of them! Pressed the new ones back in with a nut, bolt and two large washers, plus a couple of rubber seals to protect the paint and bearing.

All I need now is some forks a headset, pedals, a front wheel, saddle.......................