Thread: Devinci Johnson

mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Devinci Johnson

Is it a decent bike for the money? It looks good to me on paper but that doesn't always tell the whole story.

P.S. Don't mean to sound rude but "you're better off going with the Ollie/Wilson/etc." advice won't help in this case. The Johnson is about as far as the budget will get me on this one. Thanks.
    Last edited by steep_h2o; 06-01-2006 at 07:56 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    go for it and upgrade the fork later when you have some money and find a good deal!!!

Powder King lift jockey.
    It is a great bike. You can get a different bike with better parts for the same cost however, although with Devinci, the most of your money when you buy one is going into the frame design which is absolute top notch. I definately recommend that you go for it, IMO the only faux pas with the setup is the suspension, front and back. For '06 the DOT's are better than previous models which may or may not ease your feelings towards the notorious history of crap that has followed the fork. As for the shock, they feel nice untill they crap out, which in some cases may not be too long. Buy it, but keep your eye's on a buy and sell looking for good deals on a fork and shock for the hopefully not so near future.
    J-bro