Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: devinci dixon

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by waldog View Post
    Hey mate

So, silly question.

Were you able to find hardware that was the exact size down to the first decimal point?

For the life of me, the closest i can find is 19mm and 42mm.

Cheers.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. 19mm and 42mm will be fine. Think of how small .1 and .2mm is.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Hi Guys,

I just got a 2014 Dixon last week, and have been shredding every day since. I'm going to post my review soon, but had a question about sag first.

Are you guys running 25% or 30% sag on this bike?

I was running 30 the first few days, then emailed Devinci to ask what there recommendation was. They told me 20-25%.

I rode it today at 25, and wow it's a rocket at that setting. It doesn't feel as settled entering corners, but it rockets out of them. I've never had a bike with such good mid-stroke support that I can pedal so easily out of berms.

I like the tune on the Float X, I think they nailed it. Sadly, it came with air in the damper out of the box. Dammit Fox! Seems like it is leaking a little damper fluid from the ctd lever, though this could just be residual from assembly. Probably going to warranty and sell, getting the 2014 RC3+, which I know shreds.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Congrats! The Dixon is realy good bike! And I'm not a fox fan... Go with the Rock shox monarch rc3+!

A vivid air could be cool to!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    anyone who has swapped out their fox shock, looking to do a monarch+ , my question is can you use the same mounting hardware/spacers?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    You can't use Rockshox bushings with the spacers that came with Fox Igus bushings, they will be too thin.

If you have the older pre-Igus Fox, you should be good. You can also swap the entire 5 piece Fox Igus assembly to the Rockshox product, which is working fine for me.

Bolts and reducers should be compatible across all systems.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Anyone know what the headset size is for a 2012 Dixon? ZS44/28.6 Top and ZS56/40 Bottom?

mtbr member
    Nov 2007

Re: devinci dixon

Zs56/zs44

Sent from my GT-N5120 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Thanks petercarm

gmx
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I have a 2011 Dixon. I had a 150 revelation on it but now that fork is gone. I can get a vanilla 36 160 for a good deal. From what I've read, that should give me a hta of 65.9 and a higher bb. Does anyone have some feed back from going to a 150 to a 160? Is the handling affected by the higher bb? If I switch the chip around in the back, will that give me a hta and bb height close to my original set up?

mtbr member
    May 2014
    Dont buy one!!! mine snapped on the chain-stay - weak as a Kitten! no warranty support from Freeborn or Devinci direct, just the offer of a 240 replacement part Not Happy!!!

Scott is a tool.

Re: devinci dixon

Quote Originally Posted by Mr-McNamara View Post
    Dont buy one!!! mine snapped on the chain-stay - weak as a Kitten! no warranty support from Freeborn or Devinci direct, just the offer of a 240 replacement part Not Happy!!!
    Where on the chainstay?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7