Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: devinci dixon

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Thanks SS! I'll post be sure to post a pic after I put the Dixon together. The last of the parts should get here on Wednesday... Then it's time to start wrenching!
    I'm going to rob banks til I retire or get caught. Either way I'm set for life

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Has anyone out there experienced frame vibration on the Dixon with the new Shimano brakes? I just fitted Shimano XT M785 and the rear causes terrible vibration throughout the frame. All possible causes have been ruled out (pads, alignment, disc, bleeding etc) but nothing works.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009

It's finished!!

Well.. sort of, I still got to cut the rear brake cable down, bleed the brakes and cut the zip ties.

devinci dixon-devinci-dixon-001-800x600-.jpg

devinci dixon-devinci-dixon-002-800x600-.jpg

devinci dixon-devinci-dixon-003-800x600-.jpg

2012 Devinci Dixon XL

Fox 34 Talus, Sram XX1 group, Sram XO Trail brakes, Stan's Flow Ex wheels with Hans Damf tires, CB Kronolog post and my old 636 DX pedals

Chromag carbon bars, Lynx seat and Ranger 70 mm stem

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Does anyone happen to know the shock mounting hardware specs for the Dixon? I'm about to order some RWC shock eye needle bearing kits to replace the stock bushings/reducers, but am unsure what mounting spans I need to order. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Hey guys life got in the way but I finally have the funds to purchase a dixon. I'm looking pretty hard @ the Carbon RC.

I currently rid a 19inch framed older BMC trail fox. I'm 6 foot w/ a 33-34 inch inseam would you recommend medium or large frame? Unfortunately no demos here in Phoenix for me to try out.

Also is the fox 32 on this partic build that bad?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    I Sarcazmo!

I'm 5''10'' tall with a 32-33'' inseam and mine is a medium. Perfect fit! Both will fit for you. Personally I prefer smaller bikes.

If you can go with a RX carbon. Fox talas 34 and reverb seat post!

mtbr member
    Sarcazmo - I'm in the Phoenix area and have a large dixon, you can usually find me at South Mountain. If you wanted to do a fit test let me know.
    I pretty sure I'm the only dixon rider in the Phoenix area.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008

Re: devinci dixon

Where did you purchase it from? I've been emailing an online dealer. The devinci website lists one dealer in Tucson but I haven't contacted them.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    The Tucson dealer doesen't have anything in stock but he can special order you one.
    I got mine from Fanatik bike Co. I ordered it on a Sunday and had it in my hands by Wednesday. I totally recommend them.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I'm 6'1", 34" inseam and I'm on a large up here in Flagstaff AZ. Perfect fit with a 60mm, stem, thinking about going a little longer though.

If you ever make it up here into cooler temperatures you can take it for a spin. Mine has a lyrik at 160mm, climbs and descends great.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by richiebankrupt View Post
    The Tucson dealer doesen't have anything in stock but he can special order you one.
    I got mine from Fanatik bike Co. I ordered it on a Sunday and had it in my hands by Wednesday. I totally recommend them.
    Hehe, thtas who I've been emailing! Sending you a pm.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Sarcazmo.. This is just my two cents. When I bought my frame I too was unsure of size. I asked everyone I could think of. LBS, friends, other riders, forums etc.. The best piece of advice I got was not go too small. You don't want to be over your handlebars. The bike won't handle right. You won't be able to shift your weight back if the frame is too small. I own XL Dixon (scroll up) and never rode a large so I couldn't tell if the advice was right. I ended up renting a large DH and hit the park. I owned a medium at the time. Jumping, steep rock faces and cornering felt much more in control. Drops and tight turns and ladders stayed the same.

I don't know if this will matter to you but it really helped me. I was always told smaller bikes handle better.. easier to throw around. I'm not so sure anymore.

Scott is a tool.

devinci dixon

Howdy.

This is such a simple question, but for the life of me I can't find the answer.

What size seat clamp does the dixon have?

Cheers, Grant.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by waldog View Post
    Howdy.

This is such a simple question, but for the life of me I can't find the answer.

What size seat clamp does the dixon have?

Cheers, Grant.
    Carbon or Alu?

Scott is a tool.

devinci dixon

Quote Originally Posted by Fredo23 View Post
    Carbon or Alu?
    Sorry, alu.

Cheers.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    34.9 mm

mtbr member
    Feb 2011
    this is my new bike!

Frame Devinci Dixon Carbon M 145mm
    Shock Rockshox Monarch RT3 High Volume
    Fork Fox Talas 32 150mm tapered
    Headset Canecreek 40 Zero Stack
    Stem Easton Haven 55mm 31.8
    Handlebar Easton Haven Aluminium 711mm 31.8
    Grip ODI Flangless Longneck
    Front Brake Shimano XTR trail 180mm
    Rear Brake Shimano XTR trail 180mm
    Levers Shimano XTR trail
    Deraileur Sram XX1
    Shift lever Sram XX1 Trigger
    Casette Sram XX1 10-42t
    Chain Sram XX1
    Crank Sram XX1 Wide 170mm /w 44t
    Crankboots Raceface
    B.B Truvativ
    Pedals Nukeproof Proton
    Wheelset Mavic Crossmax ST
    Front Tire Schwalbe Nobby Nic 4X 2.25 tubeless
    Rear Tire Schwalbe Racing Ralph 4X 2.25 tubeless
    Saddle Specialized Rival 130
    Seatpost Gravity Dropper 4inch
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails devinci dixon-dixon.jpg  

Scott is a tool.

Monarch air pressure.....?

Hey peeps

I've had a couple of shake down rides on my Dixon, but i still feel like i'm missing the mark on my rear shock.

It's the Monarch that comes with the XP model. I'm currently running it at 185psi, rebound bang in the middle, not that either end of the spectrum seems to do anything though. It's an L/L tune.

I'm around the 195-200lbs mark all geared up.

No matter what pressure it pedals like crazy, but i just feel that there should be a bit more give in the other direction, slightly harsh on some larger hits.

Any thoughts? What are others running?

Keep in mind that i'm, looking to swap the shock out down the track, so i'm open to suggestions there too.

Cheers, Grant.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Sounds like you need to try messing with the IFP (internal floating piston) pressure in the shock (or IFP piston height is set wrong to begin with). It's not difficult at all with the proper RS adapter. Sram even has a video on how to set it and it's a fairly wide range of pressure to play with. Adapter is cheap money also.

Some reading here on the matter Monarch & IFP pressure change...

Are you able to get full travel from the shock? If not and indeed you have a LL tune shock (rare and unavailable from RS aftermarket) try lowering the IFP pressure which should make it more supple.

Scott is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    Sounds like you need to try messing with the IFP (internal floating piston) pressure in the shock (or IFP piston height is set wrong to begin with). It's not difficult at all with the proper RS adapter. Sram even has a video on how to set it and it's a fairly wide range of pressure to play with. Adapter is cheap money also.

Some reading here on the matter Monarch & IFP pressure change...

Are you able to get full travel from the shock? If not and indeed you have a LL tune shock (rare and unavailable from RS aftermarket) try lowering the IFP pressure which should make it more supple.
    Hey buddy

Thanks for the reply.

I think you're on the money in regards to the IFP pressure. I'm not getting full travel, so it looks like i may need to drop the pressure, or just upgrade the shock earlier than planned.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    I had the exact same problem with the Monarch on my 2011 Jamis Dakar B2. Unable to get full travel even with sag set to unreasonable levels. I lowered the IFP pressure which helped some but really what that bike needed I felt was a LL tune shock (stock was MM). My research is the Monarch's run very firm. In my case the shock leaked oil all over itself and Sram replaced it under warranty. I asked for a LL tune but they said that is custom tune only so they gave me a ML as I recall and upgraded the shock also to a higher level. Only rode the bike 1 time with the new shock before I sold it so no solid report on that outcome. Interesting that Divinci specs a LL tune. Definitely try lowering the IFP and I think you might get the results you want. Shock is decent.

Now where the heck is that 650b Dixon???

Scott is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidad View Post
    I had the exact same problem with the Monarch on my 2011 Jamis Dakar B2. Unable to get full travel even with sag set to unreasonable levels. I lowered the IFP pressure which helped some but really what that bike needed I felt was a LL tune shock (stock was MM). My research is the Monarch's run very firm. In my case the shock leaked oil all over itself and Sram replaced it under warranty. I asked for a LL tune but they said that is custom tune only so they gave me a ML as I recall and upgraded the shock also to a higher level. Only rode the bike 1 time with the new shock before I sold it so no solid report on that outcome. Interesting that Divinci specs a LL tune. Definitely try lowering the IFP and I think you might get the results you want. Shock is decent.

Now where the heck is that 650b Dixon???
    I'm just tracking down an air valve adapter now. Bit harder to get a hold of in Australia.

I'm going to go straight to 200psi, and as far as I can see, as long as my main chamber pressure is less than the IFP, i shouldn't have any issues.

Scott is a tool.
    Shock hardware question.

I swapped out my Monarch for a RP23, and transplanted the hardware from the Monarch into the new shock.

Here's the problem, it's three piece RS hardware, and the main axle fits fine, but the two sleeve spacers aren't sitting snug between the rocker arms at the top and the frame mounts at the bottom.

I want to get new hardware, prob Fox, but open to suggestions. Here's the problem, I don't believe that i'm taking accurate measurements for of the hardware. Can someone help me out?

I'm currently getting 43mm(ish) across for the top mount and 20mm(ish) for the bottom. Neither of these sizes correlate with anything in the Fox catalogue.

Can anyone help me out with a more accurate measurement?

Cheers, Grant.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Spacing for the top is 42.2mm, and the bottom is 19.1mm.

I was running the new Fox Polymer bushings on my Dixon but was having issues with it creaking/squeaking on the top bushing, and it would gradually loosen itself over a few rides (even when loctited). The old Fox DU bushing setup did not have this problem. I eventually replaced the top bushing/hardware with the RWC needle bearing setup, and left the Fox polymer bushings on the bottom. Haven't had a problem since, and this was months ago. I suggest this setup.

Scott is a tool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freerider View Post
    Spacing for the top is 42.2mm, and the bottom is 19.1mm.

I was running the new Fox Polymer bushings on my Dixon but was having issues with it creaking/squeaking on the top bushing, and it would gradually loosen itself over a few rides (even when loctited). The old Fox DU bushing setup did not have this problem. I eventually replaced the top bushing/hardware with the RWC needle bearing setup, and left the Fox polymer bushings on the bottom. Haven't had a problem since, and this was months ago. I suggest this setup.
    Hey mate

So, silly question.

Were you able to find hardware that was the exact size down to the first decimal point?

For the life of me, the closest i can find is 19mm and 42mm.

Cheers.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast