Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: devinci dixon

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Sylvain View Post
    I finally rode the bike today. I enjoyed it but I thought the ride was a bit harsh. Certainly some suspension tune-up to do. However I was wondering what shock do you use on your Dixon? I had a RS Monarch RC3 and thought it was really smooth on the Canfield One. The eye-to-eye is not the same so I cannot transfer the shock but would consider getting one to replace the RP2 XV. Any thoughts?
    If I'm not mistaken, only read this and not experienced, the ride of the Dixon is not set up to be butter-smooth. It's more of an efficiant setup, and might be why you feel it abit harsh. Your weight also should be considered. For me I think it's going to feel more smooth, but I'm over 200lbs.
    I'd consider getting the RP2 PUSHed to your liking. Sould be a better investment than a new shock.
    If you want to try the RS, the suspension tune for your CF probably wont be the same as the Dixon. Check what tune (A-E) you have on your Monarch, and check with Devinci to see how it would fit. They use Monarch on 2013 Carbon frames. Here is a chart over the different Monarch tunes: http://foto.mtb-forum.it/data//950/tune.jpg
    You'd probably need new mounting hardware as well.

mtbr member
    May 2006

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilsern View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, only read this and not experienced, the ride of the Dixon is not set up to be butter-smooth. It's more of an efficiant setup, and might be why you feel it abit harsh. Your weight also should be considered. For me I think it's going to feel more smooth, but I'm over 200lbs.
    I'd consider getting the RP2 PUSHed to your liking. Sould be a better investment than a new shock.
    If you want to try the RS, the suspension tune for your CF probably wont be the same as the Dixon. Check what tune (A-E) you have on your Monarch, and check with Devinci to see how it would fit. They use Monarch on 2013 Carbon frames. Here is a chart over the different Monarch tunes: http://foto.mtb-forum.it/data//950/tune.jpg
    You'd probably need new mounting hardware as well.
    I emailed Devinci about what tune Monarch Plus they recommend for me at 170lb and they told me MM. I'm going to get a Monarch Plaus or a Vivid air.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Careful with the Monarch tune even with what Devinci recommends. I'm on the learning curve here with this shock which is on my 2011 Jamis Dakar B2. I have the MM tune, weigh 185lbs geared up and cannot get full travel from the shock even with 40% sag. I've lowered the internal IFP pressure to 200psi (200-300 per RS) and it rides better but still can't get the last 10mm of shock stroke. If you do a search you'll find plenty of talk about the firm setting of these shocks. A guy who has lots of experience with these told me he always orders the Monarch in a low tune and works from there. Not sure how this relates to the Monarch Plus or Vivid Air but food for thought.

Dixon is a good efficient pedlar with other good #'s. Where's the 650B version?

Scroll to the bottom of this link for the Dixon linkagedesign.blogspot.com.es/2010_08_01_archive.h tml - Translator
    2013 Banshee Spitfire V2 650b

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I purchased my Dixon from a Devinci employee. He was using a Monarch RT3 but he sold the bike with the stock RP2. When I inquired about the RT3 tuning, after my previous post, he told me it should be LL therefore low rebound and low compression tune. I checked the web and pictures of the new 2013 Carbon Dixon where the shock is visible seem to confirm the LL tune as the default.

I have asked to purchased a Monarch RT3 in LL tune but my bike shop could not order one. They all seem to come in MM tune at the moment, at least in Canada from either Norco or Lambert. Therefore it would be an extra to have it modified for LL tune.

I guess I'll stick with the RP2 until I can find a used RT3 already LL tuned.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Not sure you can even order a LL tune Monarch. They usually come LM (low compression, medium rebound). LL would seem to make some sense though since the other thing people have complained about the Monarch is the rebound being to slow even at the fastest setting.

Would love to hear how the 2013 Dixon rides with that LL shock tune. Bet it's sweet.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Now according to that chart above my Jamis Dakar which has a rising rate design with a 200 x 50 shock and a leverage ratio of 2.56 (Jamis calls it 2.6) it would clearly fall in the "B" tune area. I presume that's M and what's on the bike now. To stiff IMO. Needs a LL or LM. I'd happily take a LL and since the bike is still under warranty and I've already had a bunch of discussions with Jamis about the issue I may ask for this. The chart makes no mention of a rebound setting either. Other riders with the same bike as mine have experienced the same travel issue including 1 test reviewer who was jumping the bike 3' to flat with 30% sag and couldn't get full travel. Jamis sent him a Fox shock.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    What size rear tyre are most people using on this bike? I have a 2012 Dixon RC and the stock Kenda Nevegal 2.35 buzzes the stays when cornering. I trial fitted a Nobby Nic 2.35 which is an even tighter fit.
    Looks like I'll need to fit a 2.25 to get enough clearance, which seems a little wrong on a bike like this.

So what size rear are you running, and does it rub on the stays?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by SS220 View Post
    What size rear tyre are most people using on this bike? I have a 2012 Dixon RC and the stock Kenda Nevegal 2.35 buzzes the stays when cornering. I trial fitted a Nobby Nic 2.35 which is an even tighter fit.
    Looks like I'll need to fit a 2.25 to get enough clearance, which seems a little wrong on a bike like this.

I run a 2.35 Nevegal with no issues, and I run a fairly wide rim.

26 ain't dead
    Quote Originally Posted by SS220 View Post

That was my main complaint on the demo 2013 SL I rode and it had the stock Schwalbe Hans Dampf tires on it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Anyone out there resprayed their Dixon? My 2011 Dixon's paint is looking worse for wear and is really the only poor part of this bike. I did want to just strip the paint and make it a "Raw" finish but apparently Devinci don't recommend this as the aluminium will corrode?

So anyone out there have a custom colour?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004

Raw Dixon

Went ahead and made my Dixon "Raw" anyway despite the advice to the contrary! I didn't want a polished look so went for the dull bare metal instead.

Seems to be holding up ok, just awaiting a decal kit and a custom metal headbadge to finish it off.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Nice. Am thinking about doing the same to mine. Make sure you post more pics!

Nor­wegr
    Anyone owned or used the dixons ancestor, the remix? trying to figure out which suspension to get for the front, but can't find anything definite on the matter and Devinci is somewhat slow in their replies.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
    Anyone owned or used the dixons ancestor, the remix? trying to figure out which suspension to get for the front, but can't find anything definite on the matter and Devinci is somewhat slow in their replies.
    If you're looking for specific advice, then I can't help you as I have not ridden one. But they used to be sold with 130mm and 140mm forks. Check out this page, this is for 2010, the last year the Remix were sold: http://2010.devinci.com/bikes/category_3
    Guillaume

Nor­wegr
    Thanks, google didn't find that page when I searched

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Anyone know off the top of their head what the Dixons rear shock eye to eye length is? I have a chance to try something new but am away from the bike so can't measure.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    200mm/57mm, can't wait to finish my build, just need to order up my wheelset!

mtbr member
    May 2006

devinci dixon

Bumping. Topic has dissapaired from Canadian bike forum :S

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    My new Dixon RX!

Stock except for : Avid X0 chrome brakes, ODI Flight Control Handlebar (red), ODI Rogue grips, Cane Creek Angleset (-1 deg), MRP AMG chain guide, MRP 36 T Bling ring and Crank Brothers Mallet 3 Pedals!

31 lbs as is!
    devinci dixon-002.jpg

mtbr member
    May 2006

devinci dixon

Just wanted to post my friends newly buildt Dixon Carbon.

devinci dixon-imageuploadedbytapatalk1365918698.925467.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    devinci dixon-img_0460-copy.jpg
    2012 Large
    xx drivetrain, brakes.
    revolution wc
    hopes to flow ex
    little over 28 lbs.

mtbr member
    Last edited by richiebankrupt; 04-21-2013 at 11:41 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Hey guys, I need some help! I'm 6'3" with a 31" inseam. Do you think an XL is too big? I have a 21" GF Ferrous and love the bike. Long rides are so money while I can descend and drop just fine. The guy from the shop I bought from says it's right but.. I didn't ask him or think about it until after I bought it.

I only need a Fox 34, Chromag carbon bars and a 70mm stem to finish the build. I just want to make sure it's the right frame!
    I'm going to rob banks til I retire or get caught. Either way I'm set for life

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    I'm 6'2" with a 34" inseam and I'm riding a L (19.5) with a fair amount of seat post showing. I would say the xl would be ok, you'll still have enough standover, and you'll appreciate the slightly longer reach as you should be taller in the upper body than me. Congrat's on the purchase! they are a fun bike to ride!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast