Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: devinci dixon

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanny View Post
    Why you say that? I'm not working for them at all. I just enjoyed the hell of a ride.

Anyway it was demo day setups. The Rocky Mountain one was much better. Bikes were more solid & they had my size. I'm not saying I didn't like the Devinci, I didn't like All-mountain bike.
    I'm a XC rider, and when I fell on the Rocky Mountain Altitude 70 which is a XC bike with a AM flavour, it became an instant favorite. Riding experience was much better on the RM.
    Still, I could only test Kona, Devinci and Rocky mountain so far (there were Giant's). I would like to be able to test out Cannondale & Specialized too but they are too cool for demo days. :P
    No offence old chap! Just that you came onto a thred for the Dixon and advertised a Rocky Mountain bike instead!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlet View Post
    No offence old chap! Just that you came onto a thred for the Dixon and advertised a Rocky Mountain bike instead!!
    Ok my bad I was a bit edgy yesterday. Anyway Devinci's are made where I live... Unfortunately for them, they chose the worst LBS ever and to top it off, they are very overpriced. You would expect good prices as the factory is just 10 kms away from my house.

No advertisement was intended. Was just sharing my experience as OP wanted opinions. The dixon was quite quality. However, XC riders should look elsewhere...

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Wanny View Post
    Ok my bad I was a bit edgy yesterday. Anyway Devinci's are made where I live... Unfortunately for them, they chose the worst LBS ever and to top it off, they are very overpriced. You would expect good prices as the factory is just 10 kms away from my house.

No advertisement was intended. Was just sharing my experience as OP wanted opinions. The dixon was quite quality. However, XC riders should look elsewhere...
    No worries. I really love the Canadian made stuff as it just seems to last ages here in the wet muddy and rocky terrain of Scotland. For me the Dixon ticks every box of exactly the kind of bike I need to ride all day in the mountains or throw it down the local downhill course on an evening, and anything inbetween!

Still the Rocky Mountains are sweet too.....and Canadian!!!

mtbr member
    scarlet I've a truvativ "something", but I'm going to put a stinger hope can make it work, because the truvativ weights tones

pspwesty why have you changed the rear shox??? and that's a fox 180mm??

I've done mega avalanche on mine, and something that I can't say is that my bad result was caused by the bike...
    Last edited by xsalirx; 08-02-2011 at 04:55 PM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by xsalirx View Post
    scarlet I've a truvativ "something", but I'm going to put a stinger hope can make it work, because the truvativ weights tones
    Let me know how you get on as the Race Face Atlas cranks don't seem to work with any dual/bash setup without catching the inner bolts.

Maybe try latest E13 or Gamut stuff?

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Anyone know which way up the geometry chip goes for the slackest setting? Can't seem to find it on the Devinci site it just says hi or low but high setting on my other bike is slackest???

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by scarlet View Post
    Anyone know which way up the geometry chip goes for the slackest setting? Can't seem to find it on the Devinci site it just says hi or low but high setting on my other bike is slackest???
    Look at my pic above. That's how it came from the factory. My bike measured out to a 66 degree head angle, which with my Fox 36 at 160mm, is spot on for the slack setting. Looking at the chip, the way I see it looks like if you flip it around it would push the seat stays down and back relative to the shock linkage. This would steepen the head angle and raise the bottom bracket.
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

mtbr member
    does anywhone know if it's possible to replace thestandard rear axle that isn't tool-free for a RS maxle or a for the DT swiss?

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Sorry, I have been lurking in the other sections of the forum, didn't see the question from xsalirx.

Yes, my friend has been running it tubeless with Stans conversion. So far so good. Ironically, all my wheelsets are running on Stan Flows (even my 29er), but they are all running tubes. I just use the Flows because it's the lightest rim for its width at a decent strength.

xsalirx, I tried the RS 142mm Maxle on the Devinci. IT DOES NOT WORK. IT IS TOO SHORT! I'm not sure if the 150mm version would work, but based on the the pdf file dimensions from rockshox, I doubt it'll work either. That being said, I've tried taking a maxle from the Trek Remedy which my friend owns and it works perfectly. I do not know which version of the maxle is the Trek Remedy's though, perhaps someone can find out? I also discovered that there are 2 versions of screw on axles from Devinci. My friend got his through Competitive Cyclist and it has a mushroom head axle, where you can only open it with a 8mm allen key. Mine has a hex shaped axle, where I can also use a pedal wrench to open the axle. Leynze makes a really nice flat pedal wrench/tire lever/bottle opener thingy in chrome steel.

Lastly, pspwesty..How is the monarch plus working on the Dixon? I'm waiting for the white Monarch Plus to be launched..going to match it with my white Revelation fork.

mtbr member
    Here is my Dixon. I've owned a ton of bikes in the 6" range and the Dixon is the best all-around in my opinion. It's reasonably light, reasonably burly, and the suspension works amazingly well. It accelerates great, is plenty supple over small stuff, ramps up nicely on big hits, and is composed no matter how rough the trail. Other pluses include large pivot bearings that are all the same size, no pivot hardware threads into the frame, 12mm rear axle, great cable routing, best tapered head tube option (ZS44/ZS56), and has decent tire clearance. I wouldn't mind if the TT/WB was a little longer or if the BB was just a fraction lower, but overall the geometry is dialed. And a couple of nice tweaks are coming on the 2012 models.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    I've had a Dixon since May. I crashed last week and bent the seat stay round a rock :-(

I can't link to the pics on here though as I haven't posted up enough times yet. Now waiting to hear back from the shop about crash replacement.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    S
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogboy View Post
    Here is my Dixon. I've owned a ton of bikes in the 6" range and the Dixon is the best all-around in my opinion. It's reasonably light, reasonably burly, and the suspension works amazingly well. It accelerates great, is plenty supple over small stuff, ramps up nicely on big hits, and is composed no matter how rough the trail. Other pluses include large pivot bearings that are all the same size, no pivot hardware threads into the frame, 12mm rear axle, great cable routing, best tapered head tube option (ZS44/ZS56), and has decent tire clearance. I wouldn't mind if the TT/WB was a little longer or if the BB was just a fraction lower, but overall the geometry is dialed. And a couple of nice tweaks are coming on the 2012 models.

What are the tweaks for 2012? Great looking bike, seriously looking at a Dixon frame for the Sedona season.

mtbr member
    How would a dixon fit someone who is 6'4" with a 34" inseam. I'm lucky enough to have a Devinci dealer less than 45min away with lots of bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by elrancho66 View Post
    S

What are the tweaks for 2012? Great looking bike, seriously looking at a Dixon frame for the Sedona season.
    Thanks. They are making the rear brake mount a post-mount and adding removeable (like the Wilson) ISCG tabs. It'll mostly just make it easier to run whatever chainguide you want.

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Single Track Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by pspwesty View Post
    Here's mine:

IMG_2331

Tires have been swapped out, since this photo was taken, to the new Conti Rubber Queen 2.2 UST w/ black chili, and the current weight comes in just under 31.5lbs. I built this bike up be able to handle some hard riding. Full parts list and review to come but I have enough time on the bike to say with confidence that I do not regret the purchase at all. The bike as setup rides great, both up and down.

Your following post said Fox 160, but those lowers sure look like a 36/ 180! Wassupwitdat?
    Will ride singletrack for food...

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletboy View Post
    Your following post said Fox 160, but those lowers sure look like a 36/ 180! Wassupwitdat?
    The fork is a 36RC2 that I've lowered to 160.

Also Tinier, sorry I never replied about the Monarch. It's a great shock on this bike. Better than the Fox shocks I've ridden. I was off the bike for 2 months completely due to a hard crash, and have just started back riding randomly again not long ago. I wanted to get some more rides in again before I commented further on the ride of the bike and components.
    "Being smart and fit is expensive, but not as expensive as being fat and dumb" - 9.8m/s/s

Single Track Addict
    The fork is a 36RC2 that I've lowered to 160.

Also Tinier, sorry I never replied about the Monarch. It's a great shock on this bike. Better than the Fox shocks I've ridden. I was off the bike for 2 months completely due to a hard crash, and have just started back riding randomly again not long ago. I wanted to get some more rides in again before I commented further on the ride of the bike and components.
    Ah... so that gives it the crown to axle measurement of a 150? (It looks lower in the front than any other 160mm fork I've seen on these bikes.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    does anyone know what the frame and shock weighs? Also, what's the max rear tire width?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bulletboy View Post
    Ah... so that gives it the crown to axle measurement of a 150? (It looks lower in the front than any other 160mm fork I've seen on these bikes.
    Nope, a2c is 545mm. The 180 is 565mm and the 20mm travel spacer it drops it down to 545. The Fox 32 150 that Devinci uses to get their angles is 521mm. So at aprox. 1degree head angle change for every 20mm, my measured 66deg HA is spot on.

I'm soon going to throw in another 10mm spacer to try the fork out at 150mm. I'd switch the chips around to change the HA but I want to lower the BB not raise it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    does anyone know what the frame and shock weighs? Also, what's the max rear tire width?
    Med. frame w/ Monarch Plus shock, included seat collar, headset and rear axel.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Med. frame w/ Monarch Plus shock, included seat collar, headset and rear axel.

Cool thanks. Do you know what max tire capacity is?

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by slimat99 View Post
    Cool thanks. Do you know what max tire capacity is?
    No. But I'd guess a 2.5 will fit. Just a guess though.

Single Track Addict
    So, are there any shops in PA that sell these?

I'd love to take a look at one before I drop the coin... riding would be even better.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    anyone own a nomad2 before their dixon? Opinions?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast