memento mori
    Feb 2004

Devinci atlas sizing

So I'm looking at some '13 atlas frames/bikes and would like some feed back on which size. A demo isn't available so what size are the 5'11" 32" inseam types out there diggin' on? I'm leaning towards a medium with a 120mm fork.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    There's lots of debate on this thread here:

Devinci Atlas Carbon

I'm right at 5'11" and am very comfortable on the Large carbon Atlas. I even moved from the 90mm stem I started with to a 100mm stem to get a bit more reach. I ride XC and have the bike set up for XC with the 100mm stem, 120mm fork, 680mm flat bars. I think I'd find the medium very tight.

FWIW with the 100 stem, the distance from saddle to bar on the Large Devinci is the same as I what I had on my prior bike - a medium Ellsworth Evolve. That bike has a 'normal' seat tube and a 24" top tube measure, which is pretty much normal territory for folks our height.

That said, there are others on the thread I linked above that are adamant that Large is huge for folks around our size. I guess it's just different riding styles and preferences.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVID J View Post
    So I'm looking at some '13 atlas frames/bikes and would like some feed back on which size. A demo isn't available so what size are the 5'11" 32" inseam types out there diggin' on? I'm leaning towards a medium with a 120mm fork.
    I rode a medium in the the parking lot with a 90mm stem. Still not sure but it was a little tight. When I get back in a week, the owner is going to let me ride it on a trail. Best way is look at the reach and stack of your current bike and compare it the atlas.

TTe means very little as I discovered on my ride. I ride a TBc with 70mm stem. The TTe is 24. The Med Atals is 23.7, but it felt much smaller even with a longer stem and that's because the reach is much shorter. 16.4 vs. 15.8
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

memento mori
    Feb 2004
    I compared my current rides reach/stack to the Atlas,looks like a large is the better fit.