Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: DeKerf thread

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

Team ST's for sale?

I'm interested in the Team ST's frames you mentioned that your friend had for sale. I have one and my brother as been bugging me to find one for him. If you could let me know where they're available, I would be very grateful. Can Email me mszombathy@hotmail.com

Thanks

Mike!

FM
    luxatio erecta

Implant?

What about an implant? I have a team now but would much rather have an implant so I could run a 5" fork. A used one or other good deal would be perfect, don't quite have the $ right now for a new custom frame. Looking for a 17" or so.

If anybody's got a line, please let me know.....

Thanks!

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    There have been some used Implants listed on NSMB in the past. You could try searching there to see if they are still for sale.

(Search words "DeKerf" & "Implant")

Also might be worth checking Pinkbike.

Start slow and taper off
    Feb 2004

Nothing's been posted in a while so her'e my Dekerf

My Team ST. It's always a tough call whether to ride the Dekerf or my Turner Burner. To be fair I try to keep it 50/50.
    Let's see some new Dekerf posts!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

does any body knows which shop is having the 2 team st frames

does any body knows which shop is having the 2 team st frames
    because i am realy interested in ad least one of them plaese could somebody help me
    because i am searching for one along time by now
    i hope some body could help me

thanks alot ricardo

FM
    luxatio erecta

Implant!

Well, thanks to everbody here, especially Mike- he suggested a shop that did have a used implant for sale. After finding that it was my size, AND my favorite color, I had it shipped asap. Great timing since the romic on my FS blew it's guts that same week!

The build:
    17" Dekerf Implant, rootbeer brown.
    XT, disc brakes with 8" wavy front rotor (not pictured)
    Mavic rims with geax sturdy 2.25 UST tires.
    King headset
    Thomsen post & 70mm stem, 26" monkeylite riser bars
    Race Face turbine cranks, 22/32, 12-34 cassette.

I'm really impressed with the bike! I tried it with my Z150, but it was too slack, the front end wandered even on flat trails. The Z1 is perfect. With short chainstays and stem, but longer top tube and head tube, this bike has really unique geometry compared to my old 17" dekerf team frame. A much better position and fit for agressive trail riding and FR use. VERY easy to wheelie drop and manual. Stable at high speeds. Clearance for big tires.

After a few local rides, I took it up to whistler... a quick run in the bike park, then we used the new garbonzo lift plus 1500' of mostly hike-a-bike, to access Kyhber ridge. This makes for a 5000' descent that includes "babylon by bike" and "tunnel vision" trails. Steep, technical singletrack with some drops, a few elevated parts, and slabs, including a stretch where you must rapel down with ropes. The implant was more than up to the task and after that ride I have no reservations taking this bike out on any trails. Since then it's seen some challenging trails. I never would have guessed a hardtail could be so confidence inspiring.

Thanks again for everybody's help!

mtbr member
    May 2004

BB shell !width for a '98 Team SL

Time for a new BB. Anyone have this info handy? Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

sorry for the delay

Quote Originally Posted by smctigue1@mac.com
    What is the wheelbase on the 21" SL measure? Thanks
    I thought I had answered this and was paging through and realized I had not.

The whellbase, measured centre of QR to centre of QR = +/-110.5 cm.

Once again sorry.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

MyKerf

***************************/6r2sp[/IMG]

Inrideo est vita

New Dekerf SS

Behold....

My new EBB DeKerf Team 853 singlespeed frame... forged by the god of steel Chris DeKerf
    Canadian distribution: X-Fusion Shox, Rand Momentum lube and Canadian Shield fenders.
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook

Holy Chromoly!!
    Dig that color... really nice.

Say; is that a brand new frame, or a geared frame that Chris altered with the EBB shell..??? (costs..?)
    No, I am not retro.... I am way ahead of my time...

"...though a lot of marijuana was smoked in the early days of mountain bike development, not all of the riders were potsmoking hippies... " Frank J. Berto

Who's that f#$king Doug Lexington?!

Inrideo est vita
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen
    Dig that color... really nice.

Say; is that a brand new frame, or a geared frame that Chris altered with the EBB shell..??? (costs..?)
    It's an EBB mod to the existing Team 853; a semi-custom option that Chris offers, but doesn't advertise. Best to call him for pricing; the EBB is a few hundred dollars upcharge I think.
    Canadian distribution: X-Fusion Shox, Rand Momentum lube and Canadian Shield fenders.
    TheRide.ca
    Facebook

mtbr member
    Jul 2004

paint...

I have an older (~ 91 or 92) Brodie and am thinking about getting it repainted. Do you know who paints Dekerf's frames, and what they charge? Any other recommendations?

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Chris DeKerf paints his own frames, as well as frames for others.

He has quite the paint shop set up actually. No idea what he charges though, check his site?

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Yup - lot's of paint info on his site - thanks.

Holy Chromoly!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikehysteria
    I have an older (~ 91 or 92) Brodie and am thinking about getting it repainted. Do you know who paints Dekerf's frames, and what they charge? Any other recommendations?

As a matter of fact; Brodie's old painter 'Toxic Harold', now paints for Chris DeKerf. Look at some of the more excentric paintjobs we've seen the last few years. They all have the same look/detailing as those Brodie's with maple leaves etc.

Don't know what a paintjob costs at this time, but Chris/Harold for sure can help you out.

JB
    No, I am not retro.... I am way ahead of my time...

"...though a lot of marijuana was smoked in the early days of mountain bike development, not all of the riders were potsmoking hippies... " Frank J. Berto

Who's that f#$king Doug Lexington?!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikehysteria
    I have an older (~ 91 or 92) Brodie and am thinking about getting it repainted.
    Toxic Harold , formerly of Brodie and now DeKerf, is the way to go. You can see examples of his work in this thread. The four Brodies I posted were all painted by him.

Please post before and after images of yours if you can.
    Show me your Toads. Old Brodies, too.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Dekerf ST frames

What are the frame sizes of the 2 ST's. Very interested please email me.
    John jcave216@earthlink.net

Quote Originally Posted by Ska!
    Here are a few more pics for you. I stopped by my buddyís shop to pick up the last of the upgrades to my DK (for now) and took a couple of shots of some ST frames that have been just sitting there in the back corner of his shop for years.

The first is the Team ST in Kermit green.

The second is an AWESOME custom pearl-white job. This one was ordered and custom painted by Dekerf for someone in town here and they backed out at the last second. Too bad. Now this gorgeous frame just collects dust as itís never been sold. Total shame. It screams to be ridden.

The third frame is my buddy Johnís (shop owner) Elysium that he just had shipped back to him from Chris. John rode it last season then sent it back to have a disk tab welded on. The boys at DK did a beautiful job. The welds are the typically perfect ones you find on ti frames. They then rebrushed it and put brand new decals on after the work was done. It looks completely new. God is this thing nice (and light). Ti is good lookin' stuff, man. Itíll be built up very shortly (again) I can assure you ;-)

The next time John and I ride together Iíll be sure to take some better picks of the Elysium for those interested. I didnít have much time today to take good shots of anything.

Anyway,
    Later.

Is that Bill rated?

Cow bike.

Woo hoo, the cow is ready to ride.
    Well, it was a good try.

FM
    luxatio erecta
    Nice Bike- I love the paint. reminds me of my cat.

You have an implant too right? Still have that? Did you have the green SS one?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
    Woo hoo, the cow is ready to ride.

MTK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I found you.

Our DerKerf thread. How nice. May I ? Taken June of 02. Peace.

MTK

Post Script: Good to see your Handle Ska. Knolly,hope all is
    well.

MTK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

The Pearl White

on the Printer is Exactly like mine? Only it's not a Implant. Trippy.

MTK
    Last edited by MTK; 11-28-2004 at 08:46 AM.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

Dekerfs in the UK

Between my flatmate and I we have a pair of Dekerfs. Both bought second hand, so I'm trying to find out a bit more about them. The first is a dark green 96(?) Dekerf Team with its serial number still in double digits, I seem to remember. Oddly the cable routing is all down the right hand side of the top tube. Not sure if this is normal.

Mine is a 98(?) Team SL, I was told. I was red previously, I believe, but was re-painted silver when the disc mounts and crudcatcher bosses were added. It is currently badged as a Team 853 but I think the serial number is too low for this. It doesn't seem to be a UK Ltd, which it most closely resembles. All the cable routing on this one is down the left hand side. It'd be nice to find out more about it but all e-mails and phone calls to Dekerf have remained unanswered.

As soon as I have more details and some pictures, I'll post them.

dfo
    mtbr member
    Hi,

I figured I'd reactivate this thread with a picture of my Dekerf (niknamed Big Birg) at the top of Mount Aigual, during a 780 Km trek accros the trails and forest roads of France's Central Mountains last summer.

Dan
    It is not the fall that kills you. Its the sudden stop at the end. - D.Adams.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Upset Cool thread!

I've been a Dekerf fan for a long time, having had a Team ST (w/ broken ti chainstays!), and now a Team SL and an Elysium. Nice to see there's more of us!

www.angryasian.com

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast