DeKerf thread

Printable View

  • 12-20-2012
    lfergs
    That's a pretty bike mate

    It looks very clean


    Where did you find it?

    And why did you choose single speed - what do you use the bike for mostly?
  • 12-21-2012
    edndusty
    Thanks. It was well taken care of by the previous owner. I found it on a Craigslist ad here in Charlotte NC. The Solitaire is designed as a single speed bike and has an eccentric bottom bracket. This is my first single speed and I will use it on my local trails. Pretty stoked to have found a nice clean Dekerf.
  • 01-29-2013
    BurntMonkey
    '99 DeKerf ST
    Greetings!

    I've got a '99 DeKerf ST that I've ridden hard for almost 14 years now all over the world. It's a truly awesome bike, and I hope to ride it another 14 + years.

    I would like to upgrade the fork on it though. I'm currently riding a '98 Marzocchi Z2 that I think has 80mm of travel. I'm looking at the Fox Float 32 100mm travel fork and am wondering if the travel may be too long for Dekerf's design.

    Any experience with this?

    Cheers,
    John
  • 01-29-2013
    lfergs
    No experience with your question.

    Got any pics of your ride?
  • 02-10-2013
    Hallpass
    I have the same question, but for a 2000 team st. The one with the ti chain stays indeed to the steel. Broke the bike a few times back in the day and it has been in my basement since the last time Christian fixed it. Never ridden or built up since 2000 last break. Also wondering about the elastomer in the rear and if that can be replaced. I assume it is a rock after so much time in basement..... Maybe I won't build it up though, if there happens to be a more eager Dekerf team st fan out there..
  • 06-04-2013
    lvking11
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by BurntMonkey View Post
    Greetings!

    I would like to upgrade the fork on it though. I'm currently riding a '98 Marzocchi Z2 that I think has 80mm of travel. I'm looking at the Fox Float 32 100mm travel fork and am wondering if the travel may be too long for Dekerf's design.

    Any experience with this?

    Cheers,
    John

    My wife's Solitaire is a 17.5 with a 100mm Fox Float. The only issue is the compression knob sticks up and will hit her frame. She has a Chris King headset, so I put a raised crown race on it to avoid the problem. It's her favorite bike.
  • 11-20-2013
    Mike E.
    Hey everyone,

    Just checking in to see if anybody has a 19.5" frame gathering dust......
    Should never have sold my Team ST non-Ti stay bike. :(
  • 11-22-2013
    edndusty
    I have a 2007 Sollitaire that I may consider selling.

    19.5 frame.
  • 11-22-2013
    Mike E.
    Don't think my old knees could handle singlespeed.. :(
  • 11-24-2013
    VernDog
    who was thinking of selling the 19.5 solitare frame?
  • 11-30-2013
    Mike E.
    4 Attachment(s)
    Well.....search over
    Just picked this up yesterday.
    Paint is a bit rough, and the sanded spot on the toptube was just for Chris D. to inspect a gouge in the paint.....its all good.
    Looking to scrounge up a Syncros post and shorter stem (150mm shown....yikes!!) and some black RF Turbine LP's.......will bring me back to the days when I would stand in my LBS drooling over the blinged out DeKerf's and Brodie's they had built up.

    Will be pulling the shock apart, and Mr. DeKerf has a few AMP parts still kicking around, so I will be getting in contact.

    Pretty excited.....
    Attachment 851115Attachment 851117Attachment 851113Attachment 851114
  • 12-03-2013
    MMcG
    Nice Mike!

    P.S. I finally got a Balfa 2Step FR to build up!
  • 01-07-2014
    edndusty
    4 Attachment(s)
    For Sale - 2007 Solitaire
    19.5 inch frame selling as complete bike with the following parts:

    Easton XC One wheel set
    Hayes stroker carbon hydraulic disc brakes new pads
    Fox 80mm Fork
    Thomson elite seat post
    WTB - Devo carbon saddle
    FSA 80mm stem
    Easton monkey lite XC carbon bar
    Hutchinson Python 2.1 tires

    $950.00 - plus shipping (continental US only)
  • 01-17-2014
    Mike E.
    2 Attachment(s)
    It's alive....well, almost
    DeKerf FS
    Still need to run cables.
    Hoping the replaceable der hanger that was installed will hold up....anybody have any spare AMP rear ends kicking about?

    Cheers,
    Mike
  • 01-17-2014
    DFA
    1 Attachment(s)
    It was time for a makeover of my Mountain.

    https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...62348886_n.jpg
  • 02-02-2014
    Mike E.
    2 Attachment(s)
    Shiny new rear end....
    Found a donor frame and swapped this nicely polished version onto the DK.
    Me likey..
  • 02-28-2014
    Mike E.
    4 Attachment(s)
    Now complete
    Hard to believe what you can find in someone's box of forks.....painted and decal'd Mag21 Sl Ti.
    Just waiting for the clear Gripshift grips to put on the Syncros bar
    Just missing the cantis (don't have any) and the Ti bar/stem combo (impossible to find) and she's almost catalogue.

    Cheers,
    Mike....gonna finish up the Generation tomorrow :)Attachment 873236Attachment 873237Attachment 873234Attachment 873235
  • 05-20-2014
    Jak0zilla
    I'm hoping someone who lives in the US and has had paint and/or repair work done on their Dekerf can tell me what I would be looking at in terms of customs or duty fees when shipping it to Canada and back. I've Googled around, but can't seem to find a straight answer.

    I've seen the Dekerf price list for paint, so I know what that would cost. I'm thinking that I may just get the frame powder coated locally if it ends up costing too much to send it to Canada for wet paint. Not my first choice, but I'm on a tight budget.
  • 05-23-2014
    lippysti
    Jak-

    I'm planning on sending my Generation frame for respray/makeover and I found some good info from FedEx and UPS, for declared value of $500, the customs brokerage fees were $50-60 each way. FYI, as I've never shipped a frame internationally, I solicited advice from the guys at Dekerf, and they recommended going with UPS.

    FWIW, it looks like to ship my frame from Dallas to BC, with brokerage fees, is $300-350 round trip :0...that hurts. But, if I'm having the frame made over, I'd really prefer to have the DK guys doing it, and it's worth the cost.

    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Jak0zilla View Post
    I'm hoping someone who lives in the US and has had paint and/or repair work done on their Dekerf can tell me what I would be looking at in terms of customs or duty fees when shipping it to Canada and back. I've Googled around, but can't seem to find a straight answer.

    I've seen the Dekerf price list for paint, so I know what that would cost. I'm thinking that I may just get the frame powder coated locally if it ends up costing too much to send it to Canada for wet paint. Not my first choice, but I'm on a tight budget.

  • 05-27-2014
    PUNKY
    See if you can ship it by USPS which will be delivered via Canada Post to DK.
  • 05-28-2014
    Mike E.
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by Mike E. View Post
    Hard to believe what you can find in someone's box of forks.....painted and decal'd Mag21 Sl Ti.
    Just waiting for the clear Gripshift grips to put on the Syncros bar
    Just missing the cantis (don't have any) and the Ti bar/stem combo (impossible to find) and she's almost catalogue.

    Cheers,
    Mike....gonna finish up the Generation tomorrow :)Attachment 873236Attachment 873237Attachment 873234Attachment 873235

    Well....

    Looks like she is going up on the block.....house repair $$ needed.
    If anyone is interested in it, complete, or frame/fork etc please pm me...
    Have period correct Syncros post on it now too...
  • 05-29-2014
    Jak0zilla
    Quote:

    Originally Posted by lippysti View Post
    FWIW, it looks like to ship my frame from Dallas to BC, with brokerage fees, is $300-350 round trip :0...that hurts. But, if I'm having the frame made over, I'd really prefer to have the DK guys doing it, and it's worth the cost.

    Thanks for the info, I think I'm going to do a powdercoating locally and see how much love there is between us before I commit to sending her off to Canada. If it works out I'll send it up to Canada for wet paint and a disc tab in a year or two. (I'd not have anyone else do the disc tab, that's for sure.)

    The Dekerf is new to me, so I'm having a hard time justifying dropping that much on shipping alone, I'd rather put the money into the best fork I can afford instead.