Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: DeKerf thread

1+1
    going for a ride
    Quote Originally Posted by MTK
    Sorry. I understand the fever very well. I must say,If I did go SS,I would
    go ECC as I do not like the chain Der. if you will off the rear cog? You
    are adding another peice of Hardware with that. I might as well run gears?
    I dont even know the options on ECC BB's? I have done no homework there.
    I know where to find the Info though. I think it's only Square Taper,If that were
    the case,it would be problem. Spline would work for me,although no-one here
    seems to like it. Then I think Phil Wood BB {square taper} with MiddleBurn
    Cranks. Ummm,Beautiful,however mabye not strong enough for me? The BB
    that is,as MiddleBurn would take care of me. Also,PhilWood does not make
    the ECC? I Love Phil Wood. With my riding style,I have to think about these
    things as my taste is Rich. Moving on,I am bugging on the 29er thing. A 29er
    Squishy? Ummm,sounds nice. The tires and forks are Starting to come
    around to the point where I might drop some coin. For now,we ride. That
    Knolly is Proper,say again,Proper. Big Coin! Good Dirt and Peace.

MTK{has no idea what he wants?}

P.S. I have a short mpeg video of me hitting a rock drop on the
    same frame in Pearl White years back. Will it work here?}
    I've been thinking to go EBB as well, but haven't done my homework either. I do not particularly like the tensioner being there, but I don't mind it now. If I was going to build up another ss or upgrade my Implant, it'll be an EBB. Phil Wood makes them? That'll be nice. It'll make my Implant look a lot better and one less worry about ripping something off in tight spots. I'm a small guy, so never considered 29'ers, I'll try one out for sure in the future, who knows, I might have one too! But the only 29'er I'll eve get is a Dekerf, and rigid. It'll be nice for those really rooty trails where you cannot really pedal and a little more rolling momentum would help. But it'll be at least 3 years to 5 before I buy a new bike. I already have the ultimate ht and now I've one of the nicest fs frames on the market, so I have no real reason to sink any more cash into frames.(but I'll find a reason or two, you bet)
    I'm not sure if a direct mpeg would load up here. Maybe Youtube it first and embed it in your thread?

MTK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

No,

I am pretty sure Phil Wodd DOES NOT make the ECC or is it EBB? What I
    was saying was I love the Phil Wood BB,however we would need horizontal
    drop out's for a Phil Wood. I was just dreamin Mate. We have Ritchey DropOut's
    on our Steeds. It's never that simple is it? Good Luck on your Build. I was buggin
    last night. You know what I did? On the inside clamp of my Front Der.,I put a
    plastic sticker,{protector} and then cut it with a Razor Blade. So any adjustment
    will not scratch my paint. I know,I'm Sick. I'll have to post a final shot. Peace.

MTK{now has to work on the Super 8}

Not Bad

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! SPAM: Dekerf Implant 19" Frame & Tuning Fork For Sale!

1+1
    going for a ride
    I am pretty sure Phil Wodd DOES NOT make the ECC or is it EBB? What I
    was saying was I love the Phil Wood BB,however we would need horizontal
    drop out's for a Phil Wood. I was just dreamin Mate. We have Ritchey DropOut's
    on our Steeds. It's never that simple is it? Good Luck on your Build. I was buggin
    last night. You know what I did? On the inside clamp of my Front Der.,I put a
    plastic sticker,{protector} and then cut it with a Razor Blade. So any adjustment
    will not scratch my paint. I know,I'm Sick. I'll have to post a final shot. Peace.

MTK{now has to work on the Super 8}
    Yeah, I know what you mean, I wished I had the foresight to order an Implant with sliding dropout. And with such a sweet pj like yours, I definitely would do my best to protect it too. I'm going to get a new pj in the next couple years, never been a flame fan, but after seeing yours, who knows.
    Whenever you're ready, by all means, post up your final build.

MTK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Final Shot,

I am going out tonight about 9pm for a night ride. Should be back around
    3am or so. It will be the First Ride with the Flames. I cut the Steeror Tube
    shorter. I also cut down the Front Der. Housing. LifeCycle,you gettin one?
    Next shot's will be all action. Thank You for your time,and good day.

MTK{JustJ,I cant believe you are selling your Frame? Can you explain please?}
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not Bad
    MTK{JustJ,I cant believe you are selling your Frame? Can you explain please?}
    Just looking for a change...

mtbr member
    Nice implants. I so want one.

1+1
    going for a ride
    MTK, nice build. What's with the extra thick front brake cable. Did you get your fr. der. to fit finally? One thing I'm thinking about is to get Chris Dekerf to take off the cable guides from the right side of the tt and get them to run under the tt instead. My left knee hits the cable guides sometimes, no biggie, but most importantly, they do nothing with no cables in them (besides rear brake)

Just J, I cannot believe you're selling your Imp. too. I understand the urge to get new toys. But why not keep the Imp., get what you want and maybe you'll go back to the Imp. later? Just a thought. Which also reminds me, that I want a tuninf fork as well, when I can afford it.

sikocycles, did you get your new bikes built up yet? The Imp. is a nice ride. That's the reason it took me such a long time(3 years almost) to decide on a frame to augment my Imp. My other build would be finished soon enough and I'll post pics and ride reports up.

MTK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

I hear ya,

It just surprised me. You goin with a DerKerf Niner? I would
    not sell mine,to much Money and Love. How much you hopin to get
    for the Lot?

1 + 1 : Yes,the Front Der. works perfect. I would perfer the Old School
    Model,that's all. I've had that Front Der. for a while now. The only New
    stuff on this build was:

Rear Brake Adapter,Rotor and GoodRidge Line.
    XTR Rear Der.
    Thompson 70 Stem 31.8
    Easton EA70 Bar Mid Rise.
    Black ODI end Caps for the Grips.
    New Rear Mishy 2.25 Tire

The Thick Hydro Line is just a protector. For the Hydro Line and my Fork.
    Most people hate it,but It work's good. It's just some Black Soft Rubber Tubing.
    I cut it with a Razor Blade and slip it over the Line.

The Ride was Epic,it's now 2:16am and I'm having a Beer. The Bike was flawless.
    I will change the seat to a WTB I have,and was thinking of putting on my Shimy
    PlatForm pedals. The 7" Rear Brake was pure Heaven. The Shifting and the Tires
    were Crisp. Tire pressure was 28 Rear 22 Front. The Rear Cable Housing Right
    where it leaves the TT and goes into the Rear Stay. That little stretch you can see
    in the picture. In the Rough Rocks I could hear it boucning off the Frame,or Tapping
    it if you will. I'll fix that Right Away. That is my only complaint.

Last,that's a good Idea you have there on the placement of the guides. I know
    if you asked him,he would do it. However,your talking about ALL his bikes arent
    you? Cable Routing is a serious matter to me,that's for sure. GoodMorning.

MTK{it was a Full Moon tonight}

Not Bad
    It just surprised me. You goin with a DerKerf Niner? I would
    not sell mine,to much Money and Love. How much you hopin to get
    for the Lot?
    Nah I've decided to stay away from a 29er, maybe a 69er though. At the moment I'm thinking Evil Sovereign and Intense 5.5 69er... Will probably get Chris to make me a Ti frame at some point though...

1+1
    going for a ride
    MTK, sounds like an epic alright. You do night riding most of the time? I would love to do that but the mountain I live on would eat me alive, especially in this weather. The moon must be great for riding now(if it's clear where you are).

The protection for the brake cable is an excellent idea, will try to implement it on my new build.

I'm just going to ask him to do it for my bike, I'm sure it won't be a big deal. It'll just look so much cleaner and simpler afterwards, plus no catching on the guide with the knee. We'll see when I get back to Canada.

MTK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Have a Safe Trip.

Wherever your going. My riding depends on my buddies schedule. He
    has two young kids. Normally we ride Early Sunday Morning. If we cant
    do that,it's a Saturday Night Night Ride. Or some night during the week.
    The Night was So clear,I was Mad I did not bring the camera as I saw a
    beautiful sight. Looking forward to seeing the new build shots. GoodNight.

MTK

1+1
    going for a ride
    Wherever your going. My riding depends on my buddies schedule. He
    has two young kids. Normally we ride Early Sunday Morning. If we cant
    do that,it's a Saturday Night Night Ride. Or some night during the week.
    The Night was So clear,I was Mad I did not bring the camera as I saw a
    beautiful sight. Looking forward to seeing the new build shots. GoodNight.

MTK
    I'm not going anywhere, yet. Really close to finishing my new build, it'll probably be done in a couple weeks, I just need to get to the city to get my headset pressed in and I'm ready to roll.
    I've noticed that there are a lot of nicks, scratches and tiny dents in my paint job, besides the huge dent in my downtube. I need to paint it up before they start to rust. That's the only downside to having a steel frame. Wondering if Chris is going to build any in 953 tubing, I've heard they don't rust. Or ti, that'll be sweet, but way beyond my budget.

mtbr member
    Probably 10 or 11 years old but still going strong. My team853

Person
    Sep 2005
    This thread could use a little bump.

Here is my Dekerf TeamST, updated a bit since last year.

Got the white saddle to match my Sid word cup, then swapped the sid to another bike.

Also made a carbon shock cover, bashguard and chainguide (I run 1X9)

And some lighter rotors/cages/bolts/pedals (new xtr's are fantastic)

MTK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Some Old Shots I found.

Sorry,nothing with the Flames. Old PearlWhite shots. Hope you
    like um. Not the Best Shots.The One shot is my buddie on his Bullit
    with a Avy and a 02 Monstor,talk about plush. I am always taking the shots. Peace.

MTK

MTK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

What are you guys talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by FM
    My frame, DEK522, is the same vintage, also ritchey tubing... it had the polished gusset too but I lost that last re-paint.

For a few years now I've been switching back and forth between a FS bike and the dekerf. I love to try new things, like bigger drops or stunts, on my dually and then come back and hit it with my dekerf. I've found the dekerf can do everything the bigger bike does, and cleaning it on the dekerf is really confidence inspiring. ANd, the dekerf has outlasted a few heavier FS frames.

Someday I would really love to own an implant.... who knows!

Oh yeah, on the chainsuck thing: Mine works great. Make sure you have the correct plate. If you have the plate for 24/34/46, and you're running 22/32/44, that might be the problem....

I have never heard of a plate? Please explain. I always come back to here to read
    and see photo's. I somehow missed this little tidbit you gentlemen are talking about.

MTK

Is that Bill rated?

Chainsuck plate

Older Dekerf Team frames came with a chainstay mounted chainsuck plate, it mounted with a couple of water bottle bolts to the bottom of the chainstay and was supposed to keep your chain from jamming against the thinwall chainstays. My first Team frame had one, but after never having my chain touch it for a year I took it off to save weight. My second Team frame did not come with it, I guess drivetrains aren't as prone to the whole issue anymore.
    Well, it was a good try.

MTK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Thank's.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
    Older Dekerf Team frames came with a chainstay mounted chainsuck plate, it mounted with a couple of water bottle bolts to the bottom of the chainstay and was supposed to keep your chain from jamming against the thinwall chainstays. My first Team frame had one, but after never having my chain touch it for a year I took it off to save weight. My second Team frame did not come with it, I guess drivetrains aren't as prone to the whole issue anymore.
    Do you have any pictures of them? Chaninsuck is a serious problem though.
    I take it very serious on my sled. I have been pretty lucky over the years.
    Peace.

MTK

FM
    luxatio erecta
    here's a pic of the one of my old team. Note the strap over the top, my chainstay had cracked there and this was dekerf's fix.

mtbr member
    May 2005

DeKerf Full Suspension?

Has anyone heard anything about a new full suspension DeKerf? Their website has indicated that a new design is coming for a long time now, but I haven't heard anything. Anyone on this forum know anything about it?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness
    Has anyone heard anything about a new full suspension DeKerf? Their website has indicated that a new design is coming for a long time now, but I haven't heard anything. Anyone on this forum know anything about it?
    I think with the recent addition of former Spot brand co-founder Michael Golinski, things will start to take on new life at Dekerf. With Michael taking on sales and marketing, I'm sure Chris will have time to focus on framebuilding and design. I haven't heard anything about a new suspension bike from Dekerf but hopefully the recent changes at Dekerf help this happen.

MTK
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Thank's FM.

Quote Originally Posted by FM
    here's a pic of the one of my old team. Note the strap over the top, my chainstay had cracked there and this was dekerf's fix.
    Great Shot. Couple of questions and thought's. Where
    did your stay break? How much did that cost,and what was the
    paint charge? I do not like the fix at all. I dont think you did either?
    You did a good job of protecting that stay. Peace.

MTK{Know's FM no longer has this bike.}

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    How many people a curently working with Chris?

Ska
    Steel is real.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness
    Personally I put off buying a new FS bike in hopes that Chris would throw one out for me to buy. Iím retiring my Team ST this year and would certainly have replaced it with another Dekerf, but, after reading the interview below, I figured I better not wait any longer. When it comes out I will probably buy one anyway ;-)

Part of the interview;

Any news on your planned Full Suspension bike, the Dekerf FS?
    For the time being, the new Dekerf Full Suspension design is on the back burner. There is a new design that has been done and a prototype was 80% completed but then production demands in other areas forced me to shelve the project. There are no immediate plans to revive the project.

The rest of the interview here;

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/articl...s-dekerf-14624
    Here's my crummy, slow-going blog The Slow Spoke if you're interested.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast