www.dekerf.com

Dekerf Press Release

Press Release
    January 31, 2007
    Vancouver, B.C. Canada

Dekerf Cycle Innovations to Continue Operations

After having announced the closing of Dekerf Cycle Innovations back in September of last year, Chris Dekerf, the founder and owner of the company, has reconsidered that decision. Since announcing the close, the company has received a flood of support from both retailers and consumers in the form of orders and encouragement to continue producing the legendary frames.

Today, the company launched its new 2007 website. The new site amalgamates the former UK and Canadian sites into one new site with much more depth, and consumer participation. For 2007 the company also brings forth an expanded product line including new road, cyclocross, titanium, and 29R models.

The company will also forge ahead with a new and innovative business model, allowing consumers to have better access to Dekerf products and information, and at the same time continuing to support retailers who in tern support the brand.

Chris Dekerf wishes to thank all those whose voices of support and encouragement have led to this decision to continue the brand.

To start our new Year off with a bang we will be sponsoring the Custom Builders and Canadian Bikes Sections on MTBR!
    Dekerf Cycle Innovations - Believe 2007

Please visit our new Website & Dekerf Owners Join our online community HERE!

Nightriding rules SuperModerator
    Awesome news!

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Congrads to both Chris & Jamie!

Good luck with the new improved company.

You might also want to post the news on the 29er manufacturer news & Press and News boards if you haven't already done so.

http://forums.mtbr.com/a/
    http://forums.mtbr.com/press-news-archive/

www.dekerf.com
    Thanks guys!

And good idea Craig!

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Post it on Roadbike Review as well as their cyclocross board?

www.dekerf.com
    Good idea Craig, thanks for all your support!

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    awesome news! I was sooo bummed to hear DeKerf's announcement in September because I really dig your frames and hope to be able to do business in the future with you guys.

Bryan

Speedhub doc.

Nice to hear

This is nice to hear, A canadian frame builder to stay!!

I had talked to Chris back in late november about a 29er fork, and somehow was left with the impression that Dekerf would not close its doors.

Keep up the legendary work Chris!!

VernDogger
    Vern Dog the Bike Guy

mtbr member
    Best news all year.
    Love my team 853 will get a tuning ford soon for it.

www.dekerf.com
    Thanks for all your kind words guys!

1+1
    going for a ride
    I want to wish Chris and Jamie the best for the next 17 years to come. I was saddened by the news that Chris decided to shut the company down last year. The bicycling world would be missing one of the best framebuilders out there. Congratulations guys on deciding to keep building some of the best frames in the world.
    Still loving my Implant as I always did.

mac
    high school Prom King
    Great news!!!!

resident crackpot
    Awesome! When I heard of the closing news last year I thought, crap, and I almost had wifey convinced I needed to buy a new DeKerf. So, I set off contacting DeKerf about doing some repair work to my Generation. I feel a bit better now about when I sent it. The closing of the doors was supposed to be 31JAN2007, and I shipped out about two weeks before that. I thought I would be pressing the timeline...glad to see that is no longer a concern. Chris is the nicest dude and I hope to again think of expanding my DeKerf herd.

Thanks Chris!