Thread: cove s.t.d

mtbr member

cove s.t.d

can or does any one one know if the new cove std is made in canada,as it seems an awful lot of money if it isnt.

cheers for any info.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I've also been trying to dig up any info on this bike, but seems like there isn't too much. First called the stinger then finally named the std, only info I could find is on the geo and price, also that it has a one year warranty. Wonder if cove has a crash replacement policy. Any help?

mtbr member

Yess, Cove S.T.D.'s are made in Canada

Quote Originally Posted by konut
    can or does any one one know if the new cove std is made in canada,as it seems an awful lot of money if it isnt.

cheers for any info.
    All of Cove Aluminum frames are made in Canada at our factory. And we are in production for these frames.

Thanks for your interest

mtbr member
    Any updates on the STD? They were supposed to be shipping at the end of March and we are rapidly approaching the end of April.

mtbr member
    There were some delays but we are pushing at full speed now.

mtbr member
    Thanks very much for your reply. Any additional info would be greatly appreciated. Keep me posted!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Any more updates regarding when the Cove STD will ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Yess
    There were some delays but we are pushing at full speed now.
    I currently have a Shocker DH and absolutely love that thing . Just sold my VP-Free frame and am going to replace it with the STD.......just curious if you have any update as to production progress and when you think they will start to ship. I am holding off on my order until they actually start shipping.....any information you have is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I talked to cove early this week and they said they will be getting them in 3 to 4 weeks. so mid May.

I still can't decide between std and shocker

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Thanks for the info.....

3 to 4 weeks is what I heard as well. I went ahead and put in my order through Ride-This last week. Am hoping they really do ship in 3 to 4 weeks as I sold my VP-Free frame and am now down to one bike (my Cove Shocker).

Regarding your decision on the Shocker/STD thing, I can't speak to the STD because I haven't ridden it, but I can tell you I love my Shocker. I ride it primarily on what you would consider freeride terrain and think it handles everything well.......tech gnar/skinnies/drops/jumps/you name it.......just a very comfortable, solid bike. My only complaint is it doesn't have a front derailer, thus the STD order I just placed.....

Take care

Big Test Icycles
    I was up in the Cove shop a couple of months ago and they had the prototype STD built up. It was still raw, paint was not decided yet. I was able to take a good look at it and sit on it. No ride time but the bike felt plush just mounting up on it. Inital impressions were that you just formed into the bike, it was that comfortable. This bike felt like it had more than the stated amount of travel. At the time there were only two made, the raw shop bike and the photographed white one. If you ever get up to Nth Vancouver pop into Cove, the staff are great and are more than willing to chat all day about their bikes.

mtbr member
    is the rear 150mm x 12mm and will it be saint compatible.