Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Cove Needs it's own forum!

Seriously, they are some of the nicest bikes ever made. It would be nice to have a seperate spot to post pics and discuss setup.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I think so too

mtbr member
    ditto
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!

mtbr member
    thats true, mtbr please gife use a forum!
    Last edited by 8664; 10-30-2009 at 12:59 AM.

ride.

Tonton Flingueur
    It's a must!
    "Bougez pas ! Les mains sur la table. J'vous préviens qu'on a la puissance de feu d'un croiseur et des flingues de concours."

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    i agree

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    petition!

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Throwing my hat in the ring too!

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I agree too!

Sunshine & Slippery Trail
    I've been waiting for this for years. Own forum please!

mtbr member
    cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom'on

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Yup, agree.

mtbr member
    CraigH, what do you say? do we have a deal or what?

mtbr member
    don't let this thread get cold!

pit
    mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    i agree too.
    Steve, from France.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bling
    don't let this thread get cold!
    so, I post it here too: renewed homepage for the 2010 year. the handjob has Tange Prestige cromoly tubing in 2010 and new decals. I was thinking about the reason... wasn't the nivacrome good enough or the tange is cheaper or what?

http://www.covebike.com/bikes/handjob.html

mtbr member
    I know Coves are hugely popular on the Shore. Let's keep this thread going until we see results

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisherceg
    so, I post it here too: renewed homepage for the 2010 year. the handjob has Tange Prestige cromoly tubing in 2010 and new decals. I was thinking about the reason... wasn't the nivacrome good enough or the tange is cheaper or what?

http://www.covebike.com/bikes/handjob.html
    The Columbus Tubing wasn't approved by some governing body for sports equipment safety. It was mostly due to the EU rules for imported sporting goods I think. Either way the Tange tubing is way better to work with and produces a more consistent product.

Ride the dream
    -signs-

future convert - might have to get an STD

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by EnglishT
    -signs-

future convert - might have to get an STD
    It's such a solid and versatile frame, do it!

Ride the dream
    Quote Originally Posted by GearTech
    It's such a solid and versatile frame, do it!
    Well its been a tossup with that and the maelstrom - to be honest, stories of idler pullies wearing rather fast (hence high maintainance) is what put me off it.

The STD seems more simple, yet interesting and solid at the same time.

mtbr member
    Well its been a tossup with that and the maelstrom - to be honest, stories of idler pullies wearing rather fast (hence high maintainance) is what put me off it.

The STD seems more simple, yet interesting and solid at the same time.
    I've owned the Maelstrom and now own the STD. The are both amazing machines. If it's simplicity and low maintenance you're after the STD is the better choice. I would compare the Maelstrom to an F1 race car. It requires maintenance and attention to be reliable and to perform at its peak. The performance is damn awesome as well. I never had any problems other than pulley wear and Corsair is working on that.

The STD is a workhorse with some serious pedigree. The performance with an Elka Stage 5 shock is flawless. It's burly, low maintenance and has excellent clearance for all the moving parts to prevent mud clogging and binding problems.

Ride the dream
    I've owned the Maelstrom and now own the STD. The are both amazing machines. If it's simplicity and low maintenance you're after the STD is the better choice. I would compare the Maelstrom to an F1 race car. It requires maintenance and attention to be reliable and to perform at its peak. The performance is damn awesome as well. I never had any problems other than pulley wear and Corsair is working on that.

The STD is a workhorse with some serious pedigree. The performance with an Elka Stage 5 shock is flawless. It's burly, low maintenance and has excellent clearance for all the moving parts to prevent mud clogging and binding problems.
    Have ridden the STD (and liked it) but havent ridden the maelstrom. I'm all for interesting innovations, but not at the cost of reliability (as seems to be the case) unless the performance increase is drastic enough to warrent it.
    Evidently you liked it, but was the performance increase (if there was any) significant enough to warrent choosing it over the STD?

I have certain parts that I can build up with already (but which I'd want to replace later) - the plan is eventually to go with an n'dee/stoy combo. Haven't had any experience with elka, but if they're anywhere near BOS it'd be worth a look (so I'll look).

Edit:
    I'm kinda limited by certain parts (well, ideally, as I dont want to replace them immediately) so any other suggestions with 150 rear-hub spacing and 83mm bottombrackets, go for it.
    Ideally want something that will pedal (if needed, which generally wont be), isn't overly heavy and under 200mm rear travel (so more FR than DH).
    Last edited by EnglishT; 01-01-2010 at 05:32 PM.

mtbr member
    Have ridden the STD (and liked it) but havent ridden the maelstrom. I'm all for interesting innovations, but not at the cost of reliability (as seems to be the case) unless the performance increase is drastic enough to warrent it.
    Evidently you liked it, but was the performance increase (if there was any) significant enough to warrent choosing it over the STD?

I have certain parts that I can build up with already (but which I'd want to replace later) - the plan is eventually to go with an n'dee/stoy combo. Haven't had any experience with elka, but if they're anywhere near BOS it'd be worth a look (so I'll look).

Edit:
    I'm kinda limited by certain parts (well, ideally, as I dont want to replace them immediately) so any other suggestions with 150 rear-hub spacing and 83mm bottombrackets, go for it.
    Ideally want something that will pedal (if needed, which generally wont be), isn't overly heavy and under 200mm rear travel (so more FR than DH).
    I can wholeheartedly recommend the STD for what you're looking to do considering the frame specs that you require.

Ride the dream
    I can wholeheartedly recommend the STD for what you're looking to do considering the frame specs that you require.
    The only thing really standing in the way right now is the uber-sexy sunn radical (having removed the maelstrom from my shortlist for being too high-maintainance).

There may be others out there, but I'm not seeing them - the STD and radical both fit within what I want. The radical (short) is lighter and lower, but the wheelbase is no longer and the headangle is the same. The STD is probably stiffer and probably pedals a little better and (for me) is a little cheaper.
    Tricky decision. No doubt someone will throw something else into the works just to make life more difficult.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast