Thread: Cove Hustler XC

Fragilie

Cove Hustler XC

Hey all,

I am looking for a Hustler in a 17.5 as a built bike or frame only. If anybody has one for sale or knows where to get one at a good deal let me know. I've already tried direct to Cove and it hasn't gotten me anywhere yet.

Thanks,

Eric

Stray Bullet
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B
    Hey all,

I am looking for a Hustler in a 17.5 as a built bike or frame only. If anybody has one for sale or knows where to get one at a good deal let me know. I've already tried direct to Cove and it hasn't gotten me anywhere yet.

Thanks,

Eric
    Eric-

I don't believe Cove does built bikes. I have emailed Gabe Fox on several occasions regarding frame and he was super quick to get back to me. Call them up and ask to speak with him. They have some serious Canuch accents but are super cool. All of their 05 frames are on sale. I found it to be cheaper to buy direct than through someone else.

If you are dead set on buying one complete call Jenson. They sell their frames and may be able to put together some sort of complete.

If you buy one let me know. I was thinking of getting one.

Scott

Fragilie
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaredama
    Eric-

I don't believe Cove does built bikes. I have emailed Gabe Fox on several occasions regarding frame and he was super quick to get back to me. Call them up and ask to speak with him. They have some serious Canuch accents but are super cool. All of their 05 frames are on sale. I found it to be cheaper to buy direct than through someone else.

If you are dead set on buying one complete call Jenson. They sell their frames and may be able to put together some sort of complete.

If you buy one let me know. I was thinking of getting one.

Scott

Hey man,

I should be receiving my Hustler in the next week or so, once it's built I will post a pic and give you a full ride report. I just hope it's enough bike.

Stray Bullet
    Hey man,

I should be receiving my Hustler in the next week or so, once it's built I will post a pic and give you a full ride report. I just hope it's enough bike.

Where did you buy the frame from? I want to buy one too.

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Cove does sell build kits for their frames, they have a price list available at the stores.

ACS
    mtbr member
    If you grow a few inches in the next few days I have a complete Hustler for sale on ebay...19"

Fragilie
    Hey man,

I bought it from the Pedal Shop in Va. I should have it today and put together by tomorrow. Here's there info, ask for Mike and tell him Eric sent you.

Pedal Shop
    www.pedalshop.com
    703-724-0188
    20630 Ashburn Rd
    Ashburn VA 20147
    703-724-0938 (fax)
    See our web site for most Pedal Shop rides and events

Gold it's the new Pink!
    jenson sells them

jensonusa.com

Fragilie
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson
    jenson sells them

jensonusa.com

Already bought and built. Bought the frame for about $400 less than what Jenson advertised it for.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Already bought and built. Bought the frame for about $400 less than what Jenson advertised it for.

how is the bike,i've got a test ride on one next week,also how tall are you,they are sending a 17.5 inch and im 6 foot but they reckon that is right

Fragilie
    Quote Originally Posted by lee p
    how is the bike,i've got a test ride on one next week,also how tall are you,they are sending a 17.5 inch and im 6 foot but they reckon that is right

I'm 5'10 and tend to think this 17.5 is spot on, but I don't have much time on it. So far it seems to be a very capable climber especially in the nasty stuff. And on the descent the rear end really works. I came into a section yesterday going very fast and wasn't sure wether to scrub some speed or not and when I didn't I thought I was going down for sure, but the bike just sucked it up like nothin.

I think you might want to look at the 19" given your height. What bike are you coming off?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    I'm 5'10 and tend to think this 17.5 is spot on, but I don't have much time on it. So far it seems to be a very capable climber especially in the nasty stuff. And on the descent the rear end really works. I came into a section yesterday going very fast and wasn't sure wether to scrub some speed or not and when I didn't I thought I was going down for sure, but the bike just sucked it up like nothin.

I think you might want to look at the 19" given your height. What bike are you coming off?

im coming off an orange evo2 hardtail,it kind of feels too big now yet i cant get the seat post high enough if you understand what i mean,it is a19 inch,ihave long arms and legs and a short body,bit like an orangutang come to think of it,right turn clyde

Fragilie
    Quote Originally Posted by lee p
    im coming off an orange evo2 hardtail,it kind of feels too big now yet i cant get the seat post high enough if you understand what i mean,it is a19 inch,ihave long arms and legs and a short body,bit like an orangutang come to think of it,right turn clyde

I would still say go for the 19" and make your fittment adjustments with the stem length and seat positioning. The little time I have on the bike I'm really diggn it. It has a very solid feeling to it.

ACS
    mtbr member
    I have a hustler for sale in mtbr's classifieds. 19" complete bike for less than the price of a new frame. Built up and only ridden a half-dozen times.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ACS
    I have a hustler for sale in mtbr's classifieds. 19" complete bike for less than the price of a new frame. Built up and only ridden a half-dozen times.

no offence but only buy anything after ive touched,and being in the uk i think that would be difficult

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    thanks for your help erik b,it was too small but not that bad as i couldnt ride it,i didnt think that much of it really so im going to try some others first,might even stick to hardtail if nothing floats my boat

Fragilie

Hey bud,

Did you ever pick up a Hustler? If not and your still thinking of getting one I will make you a great deal on my frame and fork as I need to come up with some money. I hate to sell it but something has come up that I need to take care of.

Eric

Stray Bullet
    Hey bud,

Did you ever pick up a Hustler? If not and your still thinking of getting one I will make you a great deal on my frame and fork as I need to come up with some money. I hate to sell it but something has come up that I need to take care of.

Eric
    I bought a Yeti 575.

Fragilie
    I bought a Yeti 575.

Can't go wrong there, I've had one of those myself.