jzt
    mtbr member

Cove Hustler flexy?

Hi

I'm thinking of buying a 2012 Cove Hustler off CRC.

I'm a little worried about rear swingarm flex. The main pivot (near the BB) looks tiny, and the part where the chainstay clamps onto the main axle via pinchbolts looks a bit... underbuilt compared to other similar designs?

Compare the Cove's pivot with a Kona Dawg which uses a relatively big bushing

I was thinking of the Ventana El Ciclon, then they went and redesigned it with the swoopy tubes which was a total turn-off to me (i like my bikes simple!)

What I liked about it was that it used 4 bearings in the main pivot instead of the usual 2, and was happy to discover that the Cove has a similar setup (4 bearings) I'm just not very confident of the main pivot design...

Any Cove Hustler owners here care to chime in?? Thx!

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    have a 2009 hustler -orange-I'm 220 and have never noticed any flex.
    I have a Cane Creek double barrel and a pike both coil- it eats any thing in its path.
    It doesnt climb as well as my last bike a intense 5.5. but descends better. It seems to climb very technical terrain better than a smother trail. I'm in Colorado and have never
    run into anyone with a Cove, but every body wants to ask me about it- i love it. mike
    Singletrack Sinatra

BasqueMTB
    I rode a Cove Hustler for a few years. I can't say I ever noticed any flex. It's a great bike, the suspension works really well and it feels tough. I loved mine. Got a new G-Spot now and love that too :-)
    http://www.basqueMTB.com
    Mountain Bike Holidays on the Coast in Spain

mtbr member
    May 2012
    bit late to reply, but oh well.

I've got a 2011 17.5" hustler and never noticed any flex. tracks as well as my stiffee.

if you havn't already ordered one, do it.