Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    love it, I can't let my wife see those forks. She will want them on her bike.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_n
    love it, I can't let my wife see those forks. She will want them on her bike.
    My wife loves it too. The fork is a magura menja. It is very plush.
    You were right for the size, 17,5 is also good for me.

mtbr member
    A few more up to date pics of mine here, upgrades are Hope headset to add a dash of colour and Mavic Crossland wheels.

Pics here

sam575

here's mine

love the ride, but head angle a little too slack for climbing...in my opinion. great on the decents and carves up sinlge track! noice
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Nice build Sam. Flats???????

mtbr member
    Racing mine last weekend.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by sam575
    love the ride, but head angle a little too slack for climbing...in my opinion. great on the decents and carves up sinlge track! noice
    I'm using a 100mm fork which is enough for me with this bike (I have a Prophet for crazier stuff), the Marz fork also has the ETA which reduces the travel to 30mm and lowers the front end which is just excellent for climbing, I use it all the time, highly reccommended.

I am loving the ride of the Handjob, so much more capable/comfortable than my old Alu XTC!

Good stuff

mtbr member
    Reduces to 30mm or by 30mm, that would dump it heaps.

I am also running my Rebas on 100 most of the time. Sometimes banging back out to 115 if it is something a bit harder.

mtbr member
    Hi there, it reduces the travel to 30mm and the front end is lowered about 30mm too so there is a significant difference, like in this pic:-

mtbr member
    Just flick this little lever here and you're good to go

gmx
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Handjob build

I'm slowly building mine (pixie blue). Was swapping parts from my old bike and realized the post mounts on my old fork are too small/close together to accept discs. Dang! I have a 80mm fork lying around. Anyone use a small fork on theirs?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    what fork, and post pics - you may just need an adapter.

Oh - where can you buy cove bikes int he US other than thru QBP/LBS?

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    heres mine

15.5"

mtbr member
    Very nice

mtbr member

New question here. help for right size...

I have this problem: I'm intersted to Cove Handjob, I'm about 5,11 tall (180cm) with a 32 inch inside leg (82cm) and I don't know if the right size for me is the 17,5 or 19,5...
    Now I have a Specialized Stumpjumper 18 size, with 90mm stem and I feel good with it
    Some one can suggest the right size for the Handjob?
    thanks

FishZapper
    Quote Originally Posted by spartaco
    I have this problem: I'm intersted to Cove Handjob, I'm about 5,11 tall (180cm) with a 32 inch inside leg (82cm) and I don't know if the right size for me is the 17,5 or 19,5...
    Now I have a Specialized Stumpjumper 18 size, with 90mm stem and I feel good with it
    Some one can suggest the right size for the Handjob?
    thanks
    I am almost exactly your size, maybe a half inch taller, but same inseam....I have a 17.5" frame and it fits me just perfect, BUT, I do have a 110mm stem and a Thomson setback post. I do not doubt that I could just as easily run the 19.5" frame with a shorter stem and Id imagine you'd be in the same boat.
    So really, it depends on what you're after, a bit longer frame and a short stem, or a shorter frame and a longer stem. Standover wont be an issue on the 19.5 b/c of the way the toptube is sloped. You'll have plenty of room. The chainstays and everything behind the seatpost lengthwise is the same, so basically your difference will only be in effective top tube length and amount of exposed seatpost since standover is not an issue with this frame design.
    I know that's not a definitive answer by any means, but since your measurements are so similar to mine, I feel confident in saying that either frame would be of acceptable size. Some people would tell you that running a shorter seat post would be an advantage, however, given that it is a hardtail, a post with some flex will take some of the bite out of the ride and the longer the post, the more flex, in general...and though it's a steel frame, it's pretty beefy and not altogether "compliant" IMO as some steel frames claim to be so I like that I have a good bit of exposed post.
    Another reason I went smaller is that since I run a 130mm fork, and the bike is very slack, running a bit of a longer stem allows me to concentrate some weight further in front of the front wheel than would be possible on a larger frame with a shorter stem. This negates some of the "wandering" that happens while climbing...that's of course typical with slack bikes.

...so yeah, all in all, there is sound reasoning to go with either size, it's just a matter of where your priorities are.

Edit:

Here's a pic of my 17.5 with its current componentry.

mtbr member
    If I were you I'd go for the 19.5", I'm 6'1" with a 33 inseam which is obviously a couple of inches taller than yourself but I feel I am right on the limit, i.e. if I were any taller I'd need a bigger frame. I reckon the 19" would be perfect for you to adapt either way with a long or short stem or whatever.
    I should point out that I personally like a stretched out frame.
    Sorry to confuse you but that is my honest opinion, I think the 17.5" would be a tad small for you.

FishZapper
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosPirahna
    If I were you I'd go for the 19.5", I'm 6'1" with a 33 inseam which is obviously a couple of inches taller than yourself but I feel I am right on the limit, i.e. if I were any taller I'd need a bigger frame. I reckon the 19" would be perfect for you to adapt either way with a long or short stem or whatever.
    I should point out that I personally like a stretched out frame.
    Sorry to confuse you but that is my honest opinion, I think the 17.5" would be a tad small for you.
    That's fine that you have an "honest opinion" and all, but the frame would not be "too small" by any stretch, as I can attest since I am the same size and had a fitting done to locate optimal position. Since that position was indeed found, I can say beyond an "honest opinion" that the frame would be of acceptable size. However, each of the frame sizes, since he and I are right on the sizing threshold with regard to our height and inseam, will require its own set of accommodations to put the rider in proper position. And as I said in my last post, either frame would work, but it comes down to personal preference of where a rider would decide to add or subtract inches to or from the cockpit length.

There is, after all, only a .5" difference in TT length between the two frame sizes. 12.5mm of additional stem length would essentially give the 17.5 the same length from seat tube to handle bars as a 19.5. The only difference would be in amount of exposed post.

mtbr member
    Thanks to all for your opinions, I think about this post and at the end I take a 17,5 for handling reason. I hope is the right thingh.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoTreadOnMe
    That's fine that you have an "honest opinion" and all, but the frame would not be "too small" by any stretch, as I can attest since I am the same size and had a fitting done to locate optimal position. Since that position was indeed found, I can say beyond an "honest opinion" that the frame would be of acceptable size. However, each of the frame sizes, since he and I are right on the sizing threshold with regard to our height and inseam, will require its own set of accommodations to put the rider in proper position. And as I said in my last post, either frame would work, but it comes down to personal preference of where a rider would decide to add or subtract inches to or from the cockpit length.

There is, after all, only a .5" difference in TT length between the two frame sizes. 12.5mm of additional stem length would essentially give the 17.5 the same length from seat tube to handle bars as a 19.5. The only difference would be in amount of exposed post.
    But you're also running a layback post and a long stem!?!

FishZapper
    Quote Originally Posted by KarlosPirahna
    But you're also running a layback post and a long stem!?!
    Yes, I noted that in the two previous posts, along with the reasoning behind using them. There is more than one way to skin a cat. You're saying, with no personal experience, that a certain frame size is going to be "too small" and I have indicated that it will not be, if he prefers using a certain set of accommodations. If he wants to run the bigger frame with a shorter stem, that will work just dandy as well. Again, each frame size will require a specific setup for proper fit. This isn't rocket surgery.

mtbr member
    But, if the frame fits properly to start with you don't need to make changes. A long stem etc may take around from the allround abilities of the bike. Being 5'10" and riding a 17.5 it fits perfectly with an 80mm stem. So depending on the type of riding and the terrain you traverse , at 5'11" you could possibly fit both sizes.

FishZapper
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_n
    But, if the frame fits properly to start with you don't need to make changes. A long stem etc may take around from the allround abilities of the bike. Being 5'10" and riding a 17.5 it fits perfectly with an 80mm stem. So depending on the type of riding and the terrain you traverse , at 5'11" you could possibly fit both sizes.
    What "changes" would you be speaking of? You spec the frame with the proper parts from the beginning. There are no "changes" going on. I don't know how to spell out the fact that there is only a .5" difference in top tube length of the 17.5 and the 19.5" frames and that either frame will work at his height, depending on how he wants to set it up.

mtbr member
    Bit of an update on mine.

Has Reba's now, nearly full 08 XT and XTR pedals. Slowly getting the weight down while keeping it strong.

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Sorry 'bout the crappy pic, but here it is. Sram X-9, Avid discs, RaceFace crank, seat post, stem and bars, Marzz fork, WTB seat etc...

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast