Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
    mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Here is mine:

built with XT, mavic 719 with hope pro 2, fox float 120, and Easton Haven...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Cove handjob, show me yours !!!-_dsc2723.jpg  

Cove handjob, show me yours !!!-_dsc2721.jpg  

meow, meow.
    Handjobs are becoming endangered species now that 29ers are everywhere...

mtbr member
    Yeah... i'm giving mine one last season and then we'll see what's out there in terms of steel hardtails and new wheel sizes (chromag?).

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoo5 View Post
    Very nice. Would you mind telling me where you got a 2013 fork with 1.125" steerer and 15mm axle? Thanks
    Hey voodoo and kisherceg. Some nice bikes here 'eh.
    I answer to your Q's, my forks are Reba RLT 2013 via Merlin cycles (UK), if I recall correctly.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by chopsuk View Post
    Hey voodoo and kisherceg. Some nice bikes here 'eh.
    I answer to your Q's, my forks are Reba RLT 2013 via Merlin cycles (UK), if I recall correctly.
    Amazing, thanks.

@Micks, very nice!

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    My 15.5" weighs in at exactly 25lbs. This set up may be temporary. I haven't finished fiddling with it.

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    ive been putting a lot more miles on my handjob recently and decided to show it some love. hj2.0

i am actually suprised as to how well the 650b fit

meow, meow.
    Nice, but needs tidier command line routing:

1. front brake hose shortened, laid on the inside of fork lowers, caliper banjo rotated counterclockwise. One zip tie around the fork arch will be enough this way.

(I'm not 100% sure that 27.5" tire will allow it though)

2. cable housing crossed around head tube so as to avoid touching it most of the time. This frame allows to do that.

PS
    Doesn't BB feel too high with 27.5"? It's already rather high on a HJ.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    so a columbus nivacrom handjob can accept 650b wheels! nice! I was always wondering that. the clearance at the chainstays looks a bit tight, but seems to be OK. may we have another pic of this area?
    my other question is the size of those racing ralphs. 2,1 or 2,25?

thanks!

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Kisherceg View Post
    so a columbus nivacrom handjob can accept 650b wheels! nice! I was always wondering that. the clearance at the chainstays looks a bit tight, but seems to be OK. may we have another pic of this area?
    my other question is the size of those racing ralphs. 2,1 or 2,25?

thanks!
    the tires are 2.25 ralphs. there is not much clearance on the chain stay on the drive side as it pinches in at that point. 2.1 would fit better for sure, as i had to adjust my chain line to clear my front deraileur as it would rub in the granny gear. the tire seems to have a wobble in it as well which is not helping. but all in all it is rideable.
    ive gotten used to the high bottom bracket over the years and the little bit of extra height has not affected the handling. guess being used to the g-spot bb height helps.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    hi guys!
    my handjob from Belgium (the country of beer).
    this bike is just awesome!!
    I am going to put in it a reba in 120 soon

Cove handjob, show me yours !!!-befunky_img_4294.jpg

Cove handjob, show me yours !!!-cove-field.jpg

Cove handjob, show me yours !!!-my-other-ride-your-mom.jpg

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Shame there's not much activity in this thread and it seems Cove have dropped the Handjob from their line-up.

Seeing the older frame with 650b wheels above, does anyone know if they'll fit one of the newer Tange Prestige frames?

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gachet View Post
    Shame there's not much activity in this thread and it seems Cove have dropped the Handjob from their line-up.
    Last year i said i was giving mine one last season... but i've decided to give it a go for another year.

Overall i think the bike ages pretty well, especially when i look at Micks race-ready build. Mine used to look gawd-awful, but now it's quite decent with every component dialed to my taste.

Some changes in the works: New 20mm Reba lowers (got'em cheap), 1x10 (from 2x9), XT brakes (so long, DOT fluid!), as well as some other minor things;

Pics to come in the coming weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gachet View Post
    Seeing the older frame with 650b wheels above, does anyone know if they'll fit one of the newer Tange Prestige frames?
    I will go out on a limb and say that the Tange version is most likely very similar to the older model, if not identical, in terms of geometry.

However, personally, i wouldn't put 650B wheels on there... i've got 5/8" clearance at the rear, and as J. Random Psycho puts it, the BB seems high enough to begin with.

Meanwhile, i'll be waiting for Cove or Chromag to put out a steel 27.5er. Although, my current pick is the new 27.5 Cotic Soul:

Looks sick!

meow, meow.
    Can't go wrong with chromoly and orange!

On the HJ though, I hope suspension fork makers will continue to put out 1.125" steerer CSUs. And I have my sights on a pair of Mavic EN 821 rims for tape free tubeless. Would love to lace them on a True Precision S3 hubset with Sapim CX-Rays!

PS
    Staying 26" here. They are plenty big enough for me )
    26" faithful.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12