mtbr member
    Nov 2006

Cove Handjob questions

A couple of questions for any Cove handjob riders if I can prior to buying one.

What length fork are they designed around? Cove website asys 100mm Silverfish (UK Importer) says 130mm. I would like to run a Pace RC31 which is 454mm.

The geometry seems different to most hardtail xc frames, is this bike suitable for general xc use, does the geometry affect climbing on the hills?

Hope you can help as I am more than alittle confused at the moment.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    i have a 2002 Handjob (i think the geometry is the same as the current one) and have run mine with a Vanilla in 125mm mode and 100mm mode. My 2 cents is that the 125 mm is great for 95% of the riding - the only time I don't like it is the long steep climbs where if I'm not careful I'll wonder all over the place. But, as long as I scoot up in the saddle and be careful, it's ok.

I would say Cove is right where the geo is made for a 100mm fork, simply based on looks - my bike looks pretty raked out with my fork set to 125mm. FWIW there are some pictures of handjobs in the Cove bike thread with varying forks.

gmx
    mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I believe next years (07) model is made to take a 5"(130) fork and last years(06) and possibly previous years can take a 4"(100mm) fork. I have a frame but still deciding what size of fork to mount.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    i have fox float 130mm on my 05 handjob and it's fine although i do run a lot of sag.
    i use mine mainly in winter but its quick and seems to cope with almost anything.