mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Cove G spot.....what forks to use??

Hi just bought a second hand 2004 Cove Gspot as a second bike to act as all mountain bike......but can people advise on what fork to use for all day rides, including climbing.
    Thinking
    Pikes or Mazs AM1s?
    What are peoples views???
    Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I have a 06 g-spot with 05 marazochi 150mm free rides and use it for all day riding and climbing, 6 and 6 nice and balanced

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    Get a pair of Fox Van 36 RC2 they're great on a Spot ..going up and down....did you ask this question on Singletrack earlier? :-)

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Indeed I did ask this question on singletrack.......thanks for the answer

Do not feed the TROLL!
    I don't suggest pikes unless you're dirt jumping, so get either a mazocchi 66 or Z1.
    Always having fun!

Powder King lift jockey.
    Either a 66 or a Z1 with 150mm travel or possibly a Fox 36 of some sort, either of them should be great.
    J-bro

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I rode a Gspot the other day, but found it hard work on hills - the lads ride Moments and I had struggle keeping up with them going up hills........not a problem going down! I'm debating wether to get Gspot and build it up with Fox36's but I have to run a triple chainset to get me around tracks (Im unfit!), how do you guys find the Gspot as an all mountain bike?

The bike I rode had 66's on it.........found it nose dived on jumps! strange feeling that!

mtbr member
    Just a little input, I just installed an 06 Z1 Light on my Norco and simply love it and highly recommend it for almost all types of riding.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I'm running Pike's on my G...love them. My mate runs Fox 36s on his Nomad and actually prefers my Pikes for two reasons:

1) Pikes are lighter
    2) The maxle is a great 20mm axle system on the fork - quicker than unbolting the 36's

Chris.