mtbr member
    Jan 2004

cove G Spot sizing

Anyone here know the frame specs for the Cove G Spot size L and M frames. Toptube lengths, wheelbases etc. I went to their website and it was completely useless. One of the most poorly designed websites from a retailer that I've visited in a long time.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by al-r
    Anyone here know the frame specs for the Cove G Spot size L and M frames. Toptube lengths, wheelbases etc. I went to their website and it was completely useless. One of the most poorly designed websites from a retailer that I've visited in a long time.
    well, I guess it is rocket science and all that, but they're listed on this page:

http://www.covebike.com/gspot.html

Try clicking on the Geometry button.....

Since you seem to have trouble with that...

M(17.5") - tt=22.5"
    L(19.5") - tt=23.5"
    XL(21.0") - tt=24.25"

Head angle 67, seat angle 71, chainstay 17.5". No wheelbase listing, but the bike handles fairly tight for a slack head angle.
    Around 45" wheelbase on the med. with a Boxxer 7" as I remember it.

Also, tech specs (not geometry but things like shock mounts, post sizes, etc.)

2006 http://www.covebike.com/cove-specs-06.pdf
    2005 http://www.covebike.com/cove-specs-05.pdf

Oh, and the catalog too:

http://www.covebike.com/cove_catalog_2006.pdf
    Last edited by JohnnySmoke; 02-18-2006 at 01:52 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Geez I looked everywhere on the Cove site and couldnt find it, then I used a different computer and there it was. I think the computer at the library wasnt opening the site properly

mtbr member
    I rode one for a couple of seasons if you've got any questions about fit, performance, etc.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Ok, do you think this frame would work with a single crown fork like a Nixon or a Pike or would the headtube angle be too steep?. how is the bike durability wise. I'm 5'10" long is a medium the size frame for me? I'm looking to build a heavy duty trail bike and my top two choices so far are this bike and a Rocky Mountain Switch.

PS I rechecked the Cove site at the library again and it definately doesnt open correctly there but it does on my home computer.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by al-r
    Ok, do you think this frame would work with a single crown fork like a Nixon or a Pike or would the headtube angle be too steep?. how is the bike durability wise. I'm 5'10" long is a medium the size frame for me? I'm looking to build a heavy duty trail bike and my top two choices so far are this bike and a Rocky Mountain Switch.

PS I rechecked the Cove site at the library again and it definately doesnt open correctly there but it does on my home computer.
    I'm 5'10", and the 17.5" is definitely the way to go. If you're talking heavy duty, then there is only Marzocchi. Everything else is just XC. The Pike is a bit too short and its pretty twitchy. The Nixon 6" is probably OK, but its also bit underbuilt. A Stance or Sherman is better suited to a G-Spot. If you're more in tune with the lighter forks, maybe consider the Hustler instead (you'll be the 17.5" in that too).

Marzocchi 66, in the 150mm config would be a great compromise fork on the G, but I liked the bike better with a 170 mm front end. then again, I deal with lots of steep descents and non technical climbs (when I'm not shuttling).

A lot depends on your definition of "heavy duty". If you just mean rough singletrack usage, then the Hustler is fine. If you're going to be taking air over three or four feet high, then the G is the way to go. It will handle pretty much anything up to 20 foot or so. After that you'll need a smooth tranny or more travel.

The Switch is nice, but its a bit high centered and steep. You'll find getting on and off with the seat up on rough ground pretty challenging, and the seat doesn't go down very far. I'd say that it pedals a bit better than the Cove though.

Sounds like the library computer is out of date. Typical.

Try cliking on the skull on Gullys Jersey onthe Cove enter page. Cool easter egg....