Interlectchewal

Chromag TRL Pictures (X-post from All Mountain)

UPS delivered this late Friday afternoon:

It's my friend Erik's Chromag TRL. The colo(u)r is New Cat Yellow.

It will be built up in the next few weeks with an '07 Fox 36 TALAS R, Mavic Deetraks, Chris King headset, RaceFace Atlas cranks, Thomson post / X4 stem, probably SRAM X.7, and a few assorted bits from his recently sold Banshee Chaparral.

A special thanks to Ian at Chromag for his patience in dealing with all of our questions and getting the frame out so quickly once everything was finally decided.

See a ton(ne) more pictures here.

Build pictures to come . . .

dreaming of bottlerockets
    Wow, that's a lot of pics of one frame.

Frickin' sweet... if I had a choice of any do-all hardtail I would get a Chromag.
    Post some pics of the build when it's done.
    if it ain't broke you ain't ridin' hard enough
    http://www.outdoorsclub.ca - I'm the webmaster and I help run trips!

Interlectchewal
    Quote Originally Posted by Excel
    Wow, that's a lot of pics of one frame.

Frickin' sweet... if I had a choice of any do-all hardtail I would get a Chromag.
    Post some pics of the build when it's done.
    Yeah, I'm a horrible photographer so I just keep shooting and hope that some of them turn out okay. Then I upload them to Picasa, delete the super-blurry shots, and maybe eventually get around to weeding out the rest.

Erik has wanted a Chromag for years. He figures Father's Day will be a good time to break the news to his wife, so it'll be hiding out with me until then.

Thanks for checking it out. I'll definitely post (too many) build pictures.

Fragilie
    Quote Originally Posted by tvrbob86
    UPS delivered this late Friday afternoon:

It's my friend Erik's Chromag TRL. The colo(u)r is New Cat Yellow.

It will be built up in the next few weeks with an '07 Fox 36 TALAS R, Mavic Deetraks, Chris King headset, RaceFace Atlas cranks, Thomson post / X4 stem, probably SRAM X.7, and a few assorted bits from his recently sold Banshee Chaparral.

A special thanks to Ian at Chromag for his patience in dealing with all of our questions and getting the frame out so quickly once everything was finally decided.

See a ton(ne) more pictures here.

Build pictures to come . . .

Looks sweet. I received my Chromag Samurai about the same time your friend got his. Mine is in the Carbide/Matte Black. I've put four rides on it already and the bike rips.

Eric
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

Interlectchewal
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric B
    Looks sweet. I received my Chromag Samurai about the same time your friend got his. Mine is in the Carbide/Matte Black. I've put four rides on it already and the bike rips.

Eric
    Sounds great, Eric. Any pictures?

Fragilie

Samurai

This bike rips
    Attached Images Attached Images
    It's Better To Die On Your Feet Than To Live On Your Knees. (Emiliano Zapata)

Interlectchewal

Complete Bike Pictures

mtbr member
    Nice! very burly set-up!
    Former Homer...Ventana convert: extreme poseur!

Interlectchewal
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Bling
    Nice! very burly set-up!
    Merci, Monsieur Blingypantalons.

mtbr member
    Holy smokes! That is one spiffy-looking bike. Understated and burly - fun times ahead.

One question: what bashguard are you using there?

Interlectchewal
    Quote Originally Posted by stymie
    Holy smokes! That is one spiffy-looking bike. Understated and burly - fun times ahead.

One question: what bashguard are you using there?
    Thanks, stymie.

As I mentioned in the original post about the frame, this is my friend's bike. He's a machinist and occasionally make his own parts in his spare time. He made the bashguard himself. The tumbled finish looks a bit like Avid's "galvanized" finish on the '08 Codes.

Here's a better look at the finish:

[SIZE=1]Click for more pictures.[/SIZE]

This was his first attempt at a stem. The later ones have tons of machined-out spots and are much lighter and cooler looking. When he first showed me the stem, I said: "Wow, I love the tumbled finish. It looks like galvanized steel." I'm now in the process of suing SRAM for one set of Codes for steeling our idea.

He also made the bar end caps. He made a bunch with closed ends and a bunch that look like lifesavers. I'm trying to get him to make me seat clamp that looks like a bigger version of the lifesaver ends.

His next project for the Chromag, now that he's got his bars at the right height, is to machine a single spacer to fit.