Thread: Chromag Surface

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004

Chromag Surface

Aah yes , a nice peaceful place to hang out and since this frame is handbuilt in Canada I'll post it here ! I never thought I'd like a hardtail again after years of just riding FS exclusively but this bike is very fun to ride , quality built , and gets me off my fat arse to pedal standing more often ! TIG.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Chromag Surface-black-surface-002.jpg  

Chromag Surface-black-surface-003.jpg  

Chromag Surface-black-surface-005.jpg  

" A way to a deep freedom " - Tarja

mtbr member
    Dang that looks nice - I just ordered a black Stylus today! Thanks for the pics to get me all fuzzy inside.

Bikes!
    That looks great!

I ordered my Surface 2 weeks ago, think it'll come some time in March!! Need to decide on the colour, oh and what hardtail frame I'm going to ride before it arrives! LOL

Enjoy the Surface!
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Sweet bike. I've considered swapping my Bandit frame out for a Surface, and drop the 130mm of travel for the feel and joy of Dekerf-welded steel. Very tempting.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/lostboyscout | www.beerscout.ca
    Knolly Chilcotin | Surly Long Haul Trucker

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Is that a large? looks awesome!
    Enjoy every ride!

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004
    Actually , it's an XL size and as already mentioned a steel frame (made by Dekerf ) ! Anyway , gotta love the Hans Dampf tires - lots of volume , great traction , and they roll pretty decently as well ......good clearance in the rear of Surface frame ! Very happy with the whole package......wouldn't change a thing except getting the motor in better shape- that is doing the pedaling ! TIG.

T , V , & K Rider
    Nov 2004
    About a year of riding on the Surface and really like it so far ! I had to grind off a bit of the bottom -pull arm ( not used anyway ) on the dual-pull front derailleur to make for better clearance for 2.4 tires but other than that it has held up well ! I have mine setup with a 120 mm travel front fork so it behaves real well on xc type tight twisty trails ! For more aggressive riding I'd opt for a 140 mm fork but then again I'm more of a full suspension fan for that style anyway ! It's a great bike and would recommend it to anyone looking for a sweet hardtail to build to your liking !