mtbr member
    Oct 2005

New question here. Canadian Devinci / Rocky Mountain vs Turner

I'm looking into purchassing a new full suspension bike and was looking for opinions. I'm coming off a 2002 NRS 3 and I'm looking for a fast light XC bike that is built around a 100 mm fork rather than the 80mm racing standard. I've been wanting to stick with a canadian company but I'm being swayed by the performance of the Turner flux which is built around the fork length that I want to use. The other contenders are the RM Element and Devinci Desperado. I'm really partial to the 2006 Desperado with its full XT but don't like the non RP3 rear shock and it seems to lean more towards an 80mm front end. Opinions??? And does anyone ride the Devinci Dragonfly or Moonracer with a 100mm up front and what do they think compared to the stock 80?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by gecho4
    I'm looking into purchassing a new full suspension bike and was looking for opinions. I'm coming off a 2002 NRS 3 and I'm looking for a fast light XC bike that is built around a 100 mm fork rather than the 80mm racing standard. I've been wanting to stick with a canadian company but I'm being swayed by the performance of the Turner flux which is built around the fork length that I want to use. The other contenders are the RM Element and Devinci Desperado. I'm really partial to the 2006 Desperado with its full XT but don't like the non RP3 rear shock and it seems to lean more towards an 80mm front end. Opinions??? And does anyone ride the Devinci Dragonfly or Moonracer with a 100mm up front and what do they think compared to the stock 80?
    All three bikes are solid performers. I assume your assessment of the Turner's performance is based on tests and coverage in US bike magzines which are biased towards Turner, Foes, Ellsworth etc. (all great bikes). Rocky Mountain and Devinci do not get the same coverage, but both companies produce well thought out designs and top notch construction. I don't see any reason to choose the Turner over the Rocky or Devinci unless to you think it looks better. The Rocky and Devinci use needle bearings at the pivots while the Turner utilizes bushings. The Devinci carries a lifetime warranty on the frame, as do all their frames as of this year. You are right about the Dragonfly geometry. The Element's geometry is built around a 100 millimeter fork but the angles are decidedly steep, which makes it great for tight singletrack. Good luck with your choice.

LBS Manager

Devincci

Of the bikes you mentioned the Devincci would be my pick based on biuld quality and design.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    devinci all the way... u race xc???.. if not take a look at the remix's