zep
    mtbr member

Brodie Sovereign, need stickers -brodie contact?

Does anyone have contact information for Brodie? My 1998 Brodie Sovereign needs fresh paint, and a new sticker set. I've been unable to find any Brodie contact info, other than one email address on the site. No reply to my email. No dealers in my area.

Thanks,
    Zep

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Visit a sign shop...

Hey there,

I had a similar problem with my old Catalyst, so I took an old Brodie catalogue I had down to my local sign shop (Speedpro up here in BC) and they printed me out a sheet with more decals than I'd ever need for about $12CAN.
    I was a bit hesitant when I first went in because I wasn't sure if they'd be able to replicate it. I was happy when the nice lady told me that she could match it no problem as they have thousands of fonts available. Like I said, they turned out perfectly - I had enough left over to plaster some on the van (much to my wife's joy).

It'd be worth calling around for. Prior to this I ordered a set of Litespeed decals for about $30US - ouch!!!

Hope this helps.

Mike E.

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Hey Mike, we'll have to hook up for that ride we've been talking about for about a year!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Give me a few weeks...

....to recover from my crash at the Bike Park in Whistler. It was the day after the 24Hour race and we were checking out the Park when on our 6th run I crashed and burned on a gap jump (didn't know it was a gapper). End result: torn ligament in thumb, stitches in shin (even with armour!!) and a sore knee. The surgery on the thumb went well, although the surgeon and physio seem to be at odds as to the recovery time before I get back to work....sigh.

Anyway, yes we will have to go for that ride!! How's the Blur treating you?

Cheers,

Mike

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Bummer on the crash! Glad to hear that you are in recovery mode now.

Loving the Blur, did a ton of XC riding this year. Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Alberta and of course, all over BC. Did so much XC that I didn't use my bike park pass as much as I'd like.

mtbr member

Brodie decals

I called Brodie about decals for a Sovereign last year. They will sell you a set in black or white for about $40 Canadian. Contact them through the website. That said, they couldn't seem to figure out how I could pay them (money order didn't compute...), nor could they confirm whether it was an old-style or newer-style logo. I decided to hold off and let DeKerf sort that out if/when I ever get them to respray it. Apparently that's where Brodie's old paint guy now works.

zep
    mtbr member

Have the phone #?

Quote Originally Posted by GonaSovereign
    I called Brodie about decals for a Sovereign last year. They will sell you a set in black or white for about $40 Canadian. Contact them through the website. That said, they couldn't seem to figure out how I could pay them (money order didn't compute...), nor could they confirm whether it was an old-style or newer-style logo. I decided to hold off and let DeKerf sort that out if/when I ever get them to respray it. Apparently that's where Brodie's old paint guy now works.
    Happen to have the phone number? There is no phone contact information on the brodie web site, only an email address--but no reply from the email I sent.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zep
    Happen to have the phone number? There is no phone contact information on the brodie web site, only an email address--but no reply from the email I sent.

The contact info, including the phone number, is right there.
    http://www.brodiebikes.com/_2004/lig.../contactus.php

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

My solution for my Brodie Sovereign

I had Marinoni paint my Brodie Sovereign and instead of using decals he painted the words on the frame. I never have to worry about peeling decals and it looks great. He did this for all of $125.(Canadian).

Blakcloud
    Attached Images Attached Images

zep
    mtbr member

ahms for the blind....

The contact info, including the phone number, is right there.
    http://www.brodiebikes.com/_2004/lig.../contactus.php
    Geez--right on the drop-down menu....

Thanks

mtbr member
    Geez--right on the drop-down menu....

Thanks
    I do recall getting stuck in their phone system and not finding it much use. Just pick an extension and explain what you're looking for to whoever answers the phone.

zep
    mtbr member

on the way

I do recall getting stuck in their phone system and not finding it much use. Just pick an extension and explain what you're looking for to whoever answers the phone.
    A set of decals are on the way. Ying, one of the guys at Brodie Bikes, checked, and found a set in stock. $ 40CAD.

Not sure on the color...green, maybe. Not the orange that it is now.

Zep

mtbr member
    Hey Zep,

Would you post to let me know whether they are the OLD style script (1988-94), or the slighty newer, slightly smaller, post 94 style. Are they sending you the Sovereign stickers as well?

Geoff
    Show me your Toads. Old Brodies, too.

zep
    mtbr member

Old style

Hey Zep,

Would you post to let me know whether they are the OLD style script (1988-94), or the slighty newer, slightly smaller, post 94 style. Are they sending you the Sovereign stickers as well?

Geoff
    Sticker arrived today. They appear to be identical to those currently on the bike. Yup, they included the 'sovereign' stickers and the CAD flag for the back of the seat post. Frame will go in to the painter next week. Emerald green, I think....

mtbr member
    Frame will go in to the painter next week. Emerald green, I think....
    Please post a pic when you get it back. Should look great.
    Show me your Toads. Old Brodies, too.

zep
    mtbr member

Still out for paint - need anti-jam plate

The Sovereign is still with Dean at Acme Paint, here in Portland, Oregon (only paints bike, really). I have high hopes for it, picture will be posted.

I don't have the anti-jam plate that mounts under the chainstay. Anyone know of where I can find a replacement?

Zep

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I don't have the anti-jam plate that mounts under the chainstay. Anyone know of where I can find a replacement?

Zep
    Maybe try dekerf. You might be able to modify one of theirs to work. If not any machine shop or metal fabrication place should be able to make something that will work. A drill press, a grinder and a 1/8 inch piece of steel is all you need. It is easier with a few other tools.

zep
    mtbr member

Built up

At long last, here is the Sovereign, refinished and built up. JIm at Acme Bicycle Painting did a great job. Components are mostly XTR 8-speed (952 vintage), with CK hubs. The gold paint really shows off the meticulous welding. Still a beautiful bike....
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Here is mine - love it! It will need new stickers soon - thanks for the idea re: decals.

I am thinking about switching to a Fox fork too.

Gold, Silver - we just need a bronze one now!

Last edited by lewdvig; 08-24-2005 at 07:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Does Brodie still make a lightweight hardtail? I don't think they make the Sovereign anymore.

mtbr member
    http://www.dekerf.com/paintshop.asp#opt8

DEKERF LOOKS LIKE THEY HAVE A GOOD PAINT PROGRAM!!

i got some swag brodies stickers... what got for trade??

ud
    [SIZE="1"] MID 90'S YETI F.R.O.16" NEED'S SOME TLC......INTERESTED??.......SEND PM.[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Re: Lightweight HT's...

We've got a new frame: the Cruzado. 3/2.5 Ti. Not a flyweight, but at 3.4 lbs one of the stiffest Ti frames for Pac Northwest riding...

We also have a few 2.75 lb Scandium spark frames kicking around...

alex(at)brodiebikes.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I guess the ClimbMax is also an option, too bad there are not any chrome moly xc hardtails.