Thread: Brodie Mettle

mtbr member
    May 2007

Brodie Mettle

To all the Canadian MTB'ers. I'm from Australia and recently test rode a Brodie Mettle. It felt good in a quick blast around the carpark and I am thinking about buying one. But I can't find any info on them on the web, no reviews or anything (they are not that well known here).

Has anyone got one or even got an opinion on them (being a Canadian brand and all)?

Looking for Adventure

Not all that many around

A friend in our club has one, and likes them because they are stiff and durable. He is a powerful racer with strong legs and not very good finese. He wanted a bike that wouldn't break, as he has broken a lot of those "light weight" American brands.

For the history, Brodie was part of the original mountain biking clan that started mountain biking in Canada on the west coast.
    SUCCESS - To be able to spend life in your own way

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thanks for that. I have to admit I did find it a bit on the heavy side for what it is. And I not a particularly powerful rider. Hmmm, might have to think about it.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Brodie Bikes are imported and distributed in Australia by Supersports P/L.

http://www.supersports.net.au

The same company which imports Titus Cycles, Identiti Bikes, Halo wheels and components, Gusset products, KHE Bmx bikes and parts and TSG Protection.

The brand itself is still growing, and gaining momentum on the Australian shores.( having been available in Australia for only 2 years now.)

The company even though only 3 years old has become very respected in the Australian MTB scene.

If you are based in Brisbane QLD, there is a Mettle actually available for trail demo at this point in time doing the rounds of the dealers there.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Thats good news. I'll ring one of the local LBS and see if I can get a hold of the demo bike. Thanks.

I reckon it would be an ok do-all bike but a lighter wheelset would be in order.