-> SickLines.com <-

Brodie Dissident Review

Another pea to throw in the slopestyle pot, check it out. Anyone else put a leg over one of these?

http://www.sicklines.com/reviews/2007-brodie-dissident/

mtbr member

Brodie Dissident: better late than never

I can't imagine wanting more from a short travel bike that can kill most trails going up and down; that's a tall pedigree for any bike I'm sure the bike won't fit the bill for everyone; nothing does. My Brodie fits nicely between my commuter / 29er and the Sunday; it's found a new home.

I rode a Nomad for two years as my only bike; one day I realized the bike was getting too big to push around the local trails; 38-39lbs. Sure it pedals better than most other bikes, but I finally asked myself if I needed that much bike for local trails; the answer was no. What I liked most about the Nomad, was the VPP suspension and the geometry. The Brodie pedals as well and the geometry is spot on; what's not to like about low, stable and well balanced. The Santa Cruz Blur 4x is another bike with good potential, I think the Brodie has more style

I'm not sure what else, if anyhting you might want to know about the Dissident. I talked with a lot of people before I bought the bike. I remember a racer, his name is Jeff; he told me he raced 4 x and downhill with the Dissident; that's prertty impressive. At high speed, the Brodie operates like a point and shoot camera; becareful where you point the bike; it will take you there.

The frame is light and the rear triangle is built to last; the suspension works great, I've been a happy camper with the way the bike rides. I just wish I would have known about Brodie Bikes before I spent a small fortune on trying to find the right bike. All these years and who knows how many bikes; the dissident is exactly what I've wanted.

I guess the Nemesis and Dissident are pretty much the same-or so they tell me. But when I look at the specs for the Nemesis, it's got slacker angles. The guys at Brodie, said the Nemesis is more practical for most people; it's more affordable almost the same as the Dissident.

Mine came with the Rock Shox Pearl and Pike front fork. I love the way the Pearl works, it's one of the few short travel shocks that holds up well for a heavy rider. I can actually run lower pressure in the shock and have a soft ride. Or, I can run it like a hardtail by just adding air.

Compaired with the Nomad, the Dissident is good and so is the Nomad; they're both awesome bikes. However, the Dissident is much easier to move around and it pedals well; there's absolutely nothing I don't like about the Brodie.

I didn't buy my bike from Brodie, but the guys at the shop in Arizona impressed me with their support for riders and for potential customers. Everyone at the shop went out of their way to share information and offer support. In addition to good customer service, they imressed me as being very good people
    Last edited by Turtle 1; 03-25-2008 at 12:40 AM.

mtbr member
    My Nemesis.
    Horst link.

OK pedaler with a long seatpost, tons of fun going anywhere but up...

the New ride (xpost to AM forum)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by el_chupo_
    My Nemesis.
    Horst link.

OK pedaler with a long seatpost, tons of fun going anywhere but up...

the New ride (xpost to AM forum)
    Yep, same thing here; long seat post and it pedals well; it's always more fun going down and around I like the green on your bike.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    Which shop did you buy it at?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by azchica
    Which shop did you buy it at?
    I'm in Seattle; I got the bike from Fluidride. I think they did some sort of demo and then put it up for sale. I'm looking forward to riding it up north this summer; that is if summer ever comes around.