mtbr member

big problem: cove std with marzocchi 888 all model year

FYI
    Marzocchi 888 not works fine with a cove std "installed with zero stack headset" because the stack is 58.5cm high on a 888 the bike tips over if you guide left to right!! best work is a single crown fork or the boxxer with only 56.8cm stack high. i sale my 888 evo ti fork and have buy a boxxer again.
    Last edited by 8664; 12-10-2009 at 04:08 AM.

ride.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Please pay no attention to the above post.
    The STD was designed around a 565mm axle to crown measurement. If you choose to put a longer fork on the bike such as an older model 888, the headtube will be slightly slacker and the bb height will be marginally increased but in no way is it an impediment to the bikes handling characteristics. It may make the bike handle better for steeper terrain or bring it to what people want in terms of geometry. The STD has a 65.5 head angle with a 565mm tall fork and no sag. This may be steep for some and slack for others it all depends on how it's built and what you want to do with it.

mtbr member
    @Tobius

hey, and thanks for your words.
    this is testet with my 2009 std and a 2010 888 evo ti
    the headtube is 7mm higher than a boxxer setup "booth with fsa 0 stack high" and yes it tips over from left to right.. but its ridable, but not for me!
    i ride the std with 66 ata 2009, totem 2010 coil, boxxer 09 worldcup 888 evo ti 2010, and boxxer 2010/11 best setup for me is with the boxxer, badest setup is with the 888.
    over and end!

ride.

mtbr member
    Hmm. 8664 I saw the setup you were running. Do you have the lower crown as low on the stanchions as possible? The feeling you are experiencing is due to the slacker head angle and slightly higher bottom bracket. You may not like it but many bikes feel that way and it's not necessarily a bad thing.

I'd like to run a fox 40 with set to 7.5" on my STD next year. That would be a sick setup IMO.