Thread: Banshee Pyre

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Banshee Pyre

Anybody ridden the banshee Pyre yet? Waiting for the bike to hit New Zealand - looks very nice! Would appreciate some feedback if someone's got experience with this baby. weight?? sub-30 lb? hoping to replace my Jamis Dakar XLT (good riddance)

cheers
    O.

TM1
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

looking fo info too ...

The Pye is very interesting. I'm looking for info too.
    anyone knows why they have 2 shock mounts on the down-tube ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I’ve heard that they did have some problems relating front derailleur switching and the Pyre won’t hit the market til they have this issue completely solved.

Hope it will happen soon.

It is expected that weight can be even sub28.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    The Pyre will be able to be built sub 30lbs. Banshee informed me via e-mail that rear shocks with a piggy back resevoir will not fit on the Pyre. I weigh over 200lbs and do not trust basic air shocks yet. The 5th element air has a terrible reputation, old and new configurations. The RP3 has had multiple failures as well.

The max rear tire size on the Pyre is only 3.0 or slightly larger as well. Nice frame, but not versatile enough for my tastes. If I am forking out the big bucks for a frame, it better be able to accomodate both coil and air shocks with a resevoir and a larger option for rear tires. I like running smallish 2.3 tires for certain conditions, and ramping up to larger meats for rockier conditions and light freeriding.

I am sure the Pyre will be a good bike, but I like to have multiple options for shocks and tires. I was hoping the Pyre would be Banshee's answer to bikes like the Heckler, Nomad, X-5, and 5-spot. Not quite.