Thread: Bansh. Morphine

mtbr member

Idea! Bansh. Morphine

HI
    Thinking of getting a ht frame that can deal FRing, Urban, and weekend DHing. Banshee Morphine has always been in the top 3 choices. If you ride morpnine, please let me know how you like it(I`ve already checked mtbr.com too) , and if you have pics of morpnine, please let me see it ! (if you could tell me the size of your frame, it`ll be even greater !)

Thanks !

Team
    I saw this bike about a week ago at a bike shop. It was an 03 (I think) and they were selling it for $2,200. Looks like a great bike. It had Marzocchi DJ's on it too.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    http://www.bansheebikes.com/
    they have lotsa specs including geometry with different travel forks. A clyde buddy o mine (250+lbs) has one and loves it. I couldn't help thinking it's way too beefy for my needs (the rear stays are Huge), but it should do what you want just fine.

mtbr member

awesome

We just got a large bright yellow Morphine frame in, and it is incredible to see how rugged those frames are. About 6.5 pounds though, if you care about that. A lighter, but still tough option is the Scirocco frame by Banshee. I'm riding one now, and love the geometry with a 5" fork for trail/street riding, and it can handle a dual crown as well. At 4.5 pounds, its a bit lighter, but by no means a weight weenie for an aluminum hardtail frame.

I'll post pics of the fully built Scirocco and the Yellow Morphine frame when I get a chance. What I like most about the Gucci kit that came with the Scirocco is the convertible front hub, allowing me to go 20mm thru or skewer, on singletrack hoops and Nevegal tires. Great kit.