Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
    mtbr member

Cool-blue Rhythm A Balfa Thread - figured I'd start one

I know there are some Balfa riders waiting in the wings to post in this new forum right? So I figured I'd start a thread where we can post about our rigs and throw up some photos and stuff.

Here's a few Balfa Shots to get it going:

I've spent one full season on my Belair and I'm very very happy with it - it can do a little bit of everything really. A truly fun bike!

Soon the Psylo will be gone and a new Manitou Minute will take it's place! May also work on adding a Risse external reservoir to give the Fox Float RL a little more air volume - I rode one set up like this when I was deciding on this full suspension bikes and liked it a lot - and it's only about a $75 project.

Cheers,

Mark
    Last edited by CTRider; 01-01-2004 at 09:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Okay what did I do wrong with the images?

mtbr member

Let's try again

Maybe inserting them as attachments will work
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

figured I'd add the standard bike and couch image too

Here's a shot of my 2Step DH, that is now being happily ridden by a young kid in Boulder Colorado!

mtbr member

Gonna try again a more old fashioned way

From when the bike was being first built up last year:

mtbr member

I've changed tires, stems back and forth, since the initial build - but one thing remains constant, the bike rocks!

mtbr member

These are two shots of me on my Belair from the summer of 2003. The first is from Nepaug State Forest in New Hartford CT and the second one is from Case Mountain in Manchester, CT - two great places to ride in the Greater Hartford Area.

The third one is me landing a sweet jump at Nepaug - part of a downhill section that includes two really nice jumps - one you have to get speed and get distance but you can't get much height so it's tricky, and the second one is just a sweet jump attached to a stump that launches you perfectly into a nice landing area below.

Come on, dare me!
    Nice pics ! It's cool to see the bike in action too (but who's this guy on it ? ;-) Just a question : what's the weight of your Belair (as is) ?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerome
    Nice pics ! It's cool to see the bike in action too (but who's this guy on it ? ;-) Just a question : what's the weight of your Belair (as is) ?
    I'd say my Belair is in the 27-28 pound range, but that's how I want it. The beauty in the frame in my opinion is that it can easily serve as a lightish xc rig or as a rock solid trail bike as I have it set up.

I am going to put a Minute 3 on it for 2004.

jtd
    mtbr member

Minuteman...

Here is my '03 Minuteman with a Boxxer. A very solid ride. Cannot recommend it enough.

Jake

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtd
    Here is my '03 Minuteman with a Boxxer. A very solid ride. Cannot recommend it enough.

Jake
    Sharp looking Minute Man! Where are you located? Do you use it exclusively for freeriding or do you race DH on it as well??

What's your thought of the army green up close? I've seen one 2Step FR in that color and I liked it a lot.

Have fun on that MM!

Mark

jtd
    mtbr member

Minuteman...

Mark-
    I am in the Seattle Area. My minuteman is my only bike and I use it for everything from riding on the Shore, DJ, urban, trailriding, Whistler, etc... It does everything well. Whistler is a little painful after about 10 runs, but it is still good times. It is such a solid ride. As for the color.... I love it. It is a lot more green than I expected, but I like it more than I expected also. Here is a little urban action at UW.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jtd
    Mark-
    I am in the Seattle Area. My minuteman is my only bike and I use it for everything from riding on the Shore, DJ, urban, trailriding, Whistler, etc... It does everything well. Whistler is a little painful after about 10 runs, but it is still good times. It is such a solid ride. As for the color.... I love it. It is a lot more green than I expected, but I like it more than I expected also. Here is a little urban action at UW.
    Cool Shot! Looks like the minuteman suits you well!

conjoinicorned
    pics don't work
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

conjoinicorned

insurance pic, so it sucks but she's here...and she rides soooo nice...
    Last edited by ferday; 05-06-2004 at 12:47 AM.
    what would rainbow unicorn do?

wompy
    here's mine
    Last edited by bikergeoff; 09-18-2004 at 05:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikergeoff
    here's mine
    Hey are you on the NEMBA forum as well? How do you like that with an AVy on it?

wompy
    yeah i'm on nemba. i like the avy alot, but i think it will feel alot better when i get it re-valved for my weight

mtbr member

One of a kind BB7

Here's a shot of my bud's old school BB7. Check the custom chrome-dipped rear triangle.

Wheelie shot.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Keep this thread alive!!!

Bringing out the big gunz:

-Adam

mtbr member
    woah - that's a dead sexy bb7!!!! What year is it??

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    It's an '03 with a '02 Super T (ya the good one )

Best bike i've ever owned. Sweetness all around

-Adam

mtbr member
    Jan 2005

2 Step review HD

Hello former Balfa 2step HD/DH owners. I would like a serious review on the Balfa 2 step DH or HD. I have found most reviews are leaning more over a bias standpoint.
    As a matter of fact, I can't find any review that talks badly about the frame. This is good... I know, but I also am aware these same reviewers have there frames up For sale. Why sell, when it says that you love the bike in the review.
    Could anybody enlighten me with potential flaws with this bike. I am considering buying one. I would like a truly honest oppinion, with all the faults.

thanks, Alain
    Last edited by Ionit; 01-21-2005 at 02:34 PM.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ionit
    Hello former Balfa 2step HD/DH owners. I would like a serious review on the Balfa 2 step DH or HD. I have found most reviews are leaning more over a bias standpoint.
    As a matter of fact, I can't find any review that talks badly about the frame. This is good... I know, but I also am aware these same reviewers have there frames up For sale. Why sell, when it says that you love the bike in the review.
    Could anybody enlighten me with potential flaws with this bike. I am considering buying one. I would like a truly honest oppinion, with all the faults.

thanks, Alain
    Alain - if the bike you are considering is a 2003 - then I'd be leery of a really low bottom bracket for a bike designed to do what the 2Step DH is designed to do.

However if it is a 2004 2Step HD - then I would give it serious consideration if the price is right.

You see 2003 was the first year for the 2Step DH and many significant improvements were made in 2004 (higher bottom bracket height, improved chainline, ability to run more types of shocks etc. etc.)

If you decide to get the bike and it is a 2003 - then I highly recommend getting 170mm crank arms to help with the low bottom bracket height - otherwise you'll probably be nailing your pedals a lot on rocks and whatnot.

Good luck!!!

And if you get one - post photos!!

Mark

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

My 2Step FR

Here's my custom painted '03 "poop brown" 2Step FR. I bought it from an ex-Balfa guy who's now working for Rocky Mountain. It's a super sweet ride. Getting a bit lighter-duty wheelset and hopefully a Fox Vanilla or Z1 Freeride (standard QR) for the long-hauls.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast