banned
    Jan 2004

New question here. Anyone riding the Rocky mountain Switch SL?

With a frame weight of 8 lb, the 5.5 lb Zoke FR150 SL, and the light FR part spec, it can't be more than 32 lb total. Looking for a first time FR bike that can handle 4-6' drops (not hucks), for my 165 lb riding weight, that isn't a bear to climb with. The only spec that may need changing for me is the XC crank/BB. If anyone has this bike, please tell me it's weight and how big of stuff you think it can handle.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    While I can't give you an exact weight I do know it is heavy. I rode one for a couple of days recently. You can lock out the rear but it climbs like a hog. At 165 lbs it could handle 10 foot drops.

banned
    Jan 2004

Yeh, I've heard from a guy at Rocky that he thought it would be...

Quote Originally Posted by pokeman
    While I can't give you an exact weight I do know it is heavy. I rode one for a couple of days recently. You can lock out the rear but it climbs like a hog. At 165 lbs it could handle 10 foot drops.
    ...about 35 lb, and one other has mentioned it did not climb well, unless that was you that answered a similar question of mine on the FR/DH forum. I'm thinking now the Titus Supermoto FR would be a better climbing bike, and capable of some pretty rough stuff, yet versatile enough for singletrack, esp with the 6-7" forks that adjust in travel. The Supermoto is a more costly option, but better than selling something used and taking a loss, for lack of desire to ride it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I have been interested in the Rocky Mountain Switch SL and i am also looking at the GT i/drive Flowta which also looks nice. I\m searching for a six inch travel freeride machine that want blow my credit and both of these bike look da s**t. I already own a trailbike and i want something that can take some more abuse. At 35 pounds it sounds okay especially with the lockout. I guess i just have to wait until my LBS get the new models.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I just purchased a 2004 Switch. The base model which has the dual crown Zokes Drop Off Triples. That bike with me on the bathroom scales adds 42 lbs. So RM's claim the SL to be some 5 - 6 lbs lighter than my bike puts it right at 36 lbs.

mtbr member
    May 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm 30 lbs

I run a rockshox Psylo Race on my switch. The bike weighs 30 lbs even.