mtbr member
    Mar 2004

anyone riding Norco Fluid?

either of the three. If so what do you think? What range of weight is the bike in? I'm thinking of getting a fluid to fill the bill when my big bike is just to big, but have been having trouble finding people who have riden them.

the original
    Jan 2004

I have and 03 fluid 2....

And for the most part love it!
    The only complaint I have about the bike(norco design related) is with the geomety of the bike when the back end is set at the shorter travel setting. Unfortunatly the front end is too high and it doesnt handle technical climbs well at all (with stock fork)
    The only thing I really dont like about my bike is the stock fork (to be replaced in VERY near future) as dj speced last year doesnt match well to frame.
    The bike is a fantastic climber for the weight and travel (5 and 5), and is a much quicker handling bike than the enduro (which I consider its american equivelent). Its back end is better isolated than the enduro from bob.
    I think It has been nothing short of wonderful as a heavy trail bike/light freeride bike and would reccomend it over any 5" travel production bike I have ridden if you are looking for a heavy duty ride (there are a couple of boutique level bikes that are arguably better)
    And as far as a direct comparison with another four bar goes, I think it blows the enduro out of the water (and yes I have ridden both and was selling sbc and norco at time of purchase)
    If you are in the states, the reason you have trouble finding people who have ridden them, there just arent that many down here, especially last years bikes, as Norco added too many dealers and didnt make enough bikes to meet the demand

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbar
    either of the three. If so what do you think? What range of weight is the bike in? I'm thinking of getting a fluid to fill the bill when my big bike is just to big, but have been having trouble finding people who have riden them.
    Help control the pet population, have you pets spayed and neutered

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    About how much does your fluid weigh? Is it mostly stock?

the original
    Jan 2004

Its mostly stock....

Quote Originally Posted by Ironbar
    About how much does your fluid weigh? Is it mostly stock?
    Changes from stock 03: brakes upgraded to avid mech disk, rear D to xt, shifters to sram attack, pedals to mallet C, tires to kinetic 2.3 rear, wtb timberwolf 2.5 front (amazing tire!) as stock rubber on last years bike WAY to narrow (kenetic 2.1)
    I plan to change fork to Z1, bars to ea50 (ea30 stock could be used as boat anchor) seat to WTB in near future

Weight: 34#, but doesn't feel that heavy
    Help control the pet population, have you pets spayed and neutered

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Sounds like just what I'm looking for. Think I'll pick one up, pending a good demo. Thanks for the info

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    I owned a fluid 3 for about 8 months in which time i dropped no bigger than 4foot on it, i was cleaning it one day when i noticed 3 cracks in the chainstay. these things are built heavy & give the impression of bein quite strong but this is not so. Also Norco denied any Warranty

Not KluMzy, advenCHUrUS!!
    Jul 2004

What's a Norco?

At least that's what most Americans have asked me. I just traded in my old lefty for an '04 Fluid 2. I'm not exactly what you'd call a satisfied customer. I've had more problems with my Hayes brakes than I'd care to tell you about, and the drive train doesn't seem to be able to keep up with a rough ride.

I'm not going to keep out the good parts of this bike. It's light enough to make technical ascents without killing yourself, and the frame itself has help up thus far.

Overall, it's a decent bike. Chances are you might want to look at replacing some parts depending on what sort of riding you do.

Good luck.