mtbr member
    Dec 2006

Anyone have a True North bike?

I'm looking for a custom frame builder and just wanted to know if any one here has any experience dealing with them.

Thanks in advance.

Carl

drinker
    Jan 2004
    i don't have one......

i got my first one in about 2000. loved it, and dealing with hughwas so easy. so much so i got an SS'er b uilt up in 2002 or so.

havn't bought a new frame since.

BUT, from what i understand; wait times are high now.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I have a True North road bike and a hardtail. I got fitted for the road bike a few years ago, after owning three Marinoni's.
    My road bike is actually set up for touring and is Columbus steel with a tapered steel fork. It's an all Black Mennonite special, with mango Chris Kind hubs and headset, Campy Centaur cranks, derailers and shifters, with Avid BB7 disc, and black Talus rack and fenders.
    I cannot believe how stiff this frame is compared to two previous touring Marinoni's. This bike rides and handles like a dream especially when load up with paniers.
    My hardtail is built up with X9, old Raceface turbine cranks, Magura Durin fork, Hope XC2 brakes, and Chris King hubs and headset.
    After having a couple of Rocky full suspension bikes, I am glad to be back on a steel hardtail.
    My next bling build will be a True North titanium 29r.
    Take the plunge and see Hugh. He is in the process of moving to a new location by Belwood Lake near Fergus, so you might want to check his old telephone #519-827-9428
    or 519-585-0600.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Thanks for the replies. I did end up getting a hold of Hugh via email and he said he was fully booked and not taking any new orders.