mtbr member
    Mar 2005

ANy Hustlers out there?

Hi!
    I am really interested in getting a hustler, but I wanted to get some impressions from the board. I have tested a SJ FSR 120 and found it bland and slow. So I was wondering what the Hustler weighs up like? And how does it climb/ descend etc.
    Also if anyone knows where I can get a test ride in the UK, I would appreciate it.

ACS
    mtbr member
    I have a hustler and have also tested out the stumpy 120. I was looking for a do-it-all kind of bike to clear up some room in the garage. I ended up finding a great deal on a frame, so I went with the hustler. It's built up with a RS pike fork and various parts stolen from other bikes. Mine weighs in at around 30 lbs. and is exactly what I wanted. The frame could definately be built up in the 26-27 lb range with a fox float 130 and more xc oriented parts...similar to the build of the stumpjumper.
    The bike is great. It pedals well, tracks well, descends well. The RP3 is a great shock. The only thing that i wasn't all that impressed with on the frame was the cable routing. I definately recommend a fork with adjustable travel (talas, pike, nixon, ect...)you can change the head angle on the fly.

my test ride on the 120 was pretty limited and i never hit the dirt, but I think I can give you some comparison. the hustler has slacker geometry and is more DH capable. the cove has a bit more travel and is heavier. I rode the new enuro that same day and was very impressed with that (and the $3k price tag) My hustler fits right in between these two bikes if that gives you a basis for comparisson.