Transplant

2008 Pyre MkII info?

Hey guys, looking to see if there is anymore info out on the Banshee Pyre MKII for 2008. I have heard 5.5lbs with 4.5" of travel, does that sound right? Were these available to ride at Interbike? Just wondering if anyone has thrown a leg over one to see how it rides. Love the look of the prototype and hope that they will be available for the 2008 riding season!
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    http://bansheebikes.blogspot.com/search/label/Pyre

this should give you pretty much all the info you need.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by ekoostick
    Hey guys, looking to see if there is anymore info out on the Banshee Pyre MKII for 2008. I have heard 5.5lbs with 4.5" of travel, does that sound right? Were these available to ride at Interbike? Just wondering if anyone has thrown a leg over one to see how it rides. Love the look of the prototype and hope that they will be available for the 2008 riding season!
    I emailed Keith (the designer) and there is still some work to be done before production, they will probably be a bit different, here's some of Keiths comments regarding the high standover height (33.9 on the XL) and early steep geometry (some reports had it at 71 HA and 76 SA);

"That geometry was an early version, and yeah it was high... I had to rush
    through the front triangle design for various reasons, don't worry, I have
    gone back and revisited the design and am giving it a curved top tube to
    improve standover."

So it will be a bit different yet, regardless a lot cleaner than the old version. If there were any at IB they were just prototypes for the Pyre.

the train keeps rollin
    Ekoo,, you need the Rune...
    beaver hunt

Transplant
    Quote Originally Posted by snowdrifter
    Ekoo,, you need the Rune...
    The two have been going back and fourth in my head for a little while now. I think I would get more all around use on the Pyre. The Rune would be a blast but I think it's too much bike for me at this point. I will beat the snot out of the Switch and when I break it, I will get a Rune. Sort of like my training wheels for a real freerideish bike.