K1k
    mtbr member
    Sep 2005

Listen! 2008 Norco models

Here are new Norcos.

New six looks almost like new shore. I hope to see wrong, seat angle on new six doesn't look to me steep enough.

What are you looking at?
    Sweet! Thanks for posting.
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

General Rabble-Rouser
    The XXX looks pretty fun. Is it Boyko's Slospestyle rig?

2007 250 > 2008 250
    The neon makes it looks like it was bought from a Hans Rey garage sale
    The new shore/six looks curvalicious too

Overall the whole line looks cleaner & a little more refined than recent years

I AM I AM
    I'm really liking the look of the '08 Rampage - looks more refined than the '07, lighter frame with a more travel adjustable fork (125-165 or something). A true do it all type hardtail!

I AM I AM
    Come on, no love for Norco?

Anyone got any more pics, thoughts? Me, I've got a Trance & I brought a Giant Alias for my husband. He's buying a new ute (well used new, also known as a pickup truck in the US) so I get a new bike at the beginning of next year. I am really keen on the Norco Rampage, long travel hardtail, would compliment nicely the Trance a Alias. However if I found myself using the Norco a lot more I would sell the Trance.

I like the look of the '08 looks lighter and hopefully the LBS will know pricing & specs in a few weeks, apart from a lighter looking frame (which would suit me well) it comes with a chain guide. I read reviews of people complaining of the chain dropping so Norco is listening. And colour looks just fine, should match the husbands new ute! Lol

Just a shame I may not be able to buy until January / February!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    http://www.norco.com

Norco's site has been updated with all 2008 models.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    sweet. kaikara, thanks for passing that information along.

I AM I AM
    Yes thankyoy

What are you looking at?
    Why doesn't Norco have it's own forum?
    Orange Heckler

Blue Pinscher

I AM I AM
    Why doesn't Norco have it's own forum?
    You'd think so wouldn't you, something I've always wondered. Norco to me is like Kona, hardly a minuscule unknown type brand. Even still here on MTBR it doesn't seem to have as much of a following as other brands for some reason - perhaps simply because it doesn't have it's own forum!

Over here bike shops which sell Norco generally also carry Kona & Iron Horse. I suppose that's one of the reasons that I associate it with the likeness of Kona bikes.

bi-winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ducktape
    You'd think so wouldn't you, something I've always wondered. Norco to me is like Kona, hardly a minuscule unknown type brand. Even still here on MTBR it doesn't seem to have as much of a following as other brands for some reason - perhaps simply because it doesn't have it's own forum!

Over here bike shops which sell Norco generally also carry Kona & Iron Horse. I suppose that's one of the reasons that I associate it with the likeness of Kona bikes.
    Both Norco dealers i know of that are close to home both carry Rocky Mountain as well - not kona though. Going for the Canadian thing.

Personally, i really like the Faze 2. It has a nicer paint job than last year. Full XT drivetrain is sweet. I really like the Reba too, since it gives you the option to go down to 85mm of travel. $2999 seems pretty reasonable too. If i were to buy a bike this instant, it would probably be a Faze 2, or maybe a Giant Anthem 1, as it also has a full XT kit.

Further note, the picture on the web site for the cross country enduro series is taken on "the boneshaker" at Hardwood Hills in Ontario. It is neat to see a picture of a trail that you have raced on before.
    Last edited by rkj__; 09-02-2007 at 11:26 AM.
    When under pressure, your level of performance will sink to your level of preparation.

Shorthills Cycling Club

I AM I AM
    Okay found some pictures of the line up in the flesh:

Norcos In the Flesh Gallery

My favourite:

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Anyone know if the head angles for the Fluid LTs are wrong on the new norco site?

The description says the head angles are a degree slacker than the normal fluids, but both bikes are listed with 69 degree head angles.

Fluid LT was on my list to try, but I am looking for a 6 inch bike with a head angle slacker than 69 degrees.

I AM I AM
    Hmm, not sure on that one. The small Fluid has a 69HA and the small Fluid LT has a 68HA. You are right apart from the small & Xsmall sizes the rest are all 69HA. The LT also has a longer wheelbase (slightly longer chain stays too).

It's strage, if you look at the Giant range, the Trance X is essentially the same as the Trance, I think the rear triangle has been redesigned to allow more travel but the geometry of the X is in line with what would happen if you were to throw the extra travel onto the regular trance (in other words slacker).

With Norco there is either a mistake or they have actually taken the harder path & re-designed the whole frame to have the same angles but more travel.
    It's early days of the new website so it's possible, but you would think such fundamentals are generally made sure to be right from the outset, so I don't really know!

Don't chuck it off your list just because of the numbers, I'd still test ride

But one way that you may be able to tell, possibly, is to print the picture of each bike. Make sure it's the same size on the page(A4 landscape orientation for example) and overlay the pages. Hold up to the light and you can compare the physical differences. IT may give you an indication if one is slacker than the other, that is assuming they take pictures of the same size bikes throughout the range.

mtbr member
    I really want to see the Fluid LT2 in person.. I love the color, and I love the entire look of the bike, the spec, etc.

Great looking lineup for 08. Excited to see some!
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2010 Specialized SX Trail
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4