Neg reppers r my biatches

2005 Marz Marathon Race

Anybody have a new Element with the Marz fork and/or put a Marz Race on their bike? I am thinking about using this on a Element frame. I currently have an 04 F80RLT fox fork but can hopefully swap it if I choose (still in box).

Cheers

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I have purchased recently an 05 Marathon Race (thanks to larry at MHC), and now it's on my 2003 Element TSC. Previously I was running a 04 F80 RLT and I find the bike more balanced with the marz, which is a little bit taller. More benefits? It weighs some grams less and it does not bob as much as the Fox did.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Miki

Quote Originally Posted by Miki
    I have purchased recently an 05 Marathon Race (thanks to larry at MHC), and now it's on my 2003 Element TSC. Previously I was running a 04 F80 RLT and I find the bike more balanced with the marz, which is a little bit taller. More benefits? It weighs some grams less and it does not bob as much as the Fox did.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Miki
    Thanks Miki. I appreciate the input.

I may try to change the F80 for the Race and add it to my wheelset and crank order (also from Larry).

What type of riding do you do? I am about 180 and while I will use this bike to race, i will also use it "for fun" and I will at times ride quite aggressive cross country with it (ie, same trails I use my X-5 on...just a bit slower of course).

Is it more plush than the F80, especially when in DS mode on the TST? Also, is it still a stiff enough fork? I doubt it could be as noodly as the SID but I figured I would ask since you had a very nice F80RLT to compare against.

Cheers

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Hi FoShizzle, I answered at the weight board about some aspects of the fork, but maybe it's not enough. I'm 140lbs and use my element for more or less all kind of riding, from XC races of two hours long to 24hr races, also normal trail riding, as this is the most "trailbike" that I have (the other bike is an Klein Adroit, pure XC). Now the element is a little less than two years old and it performs as the first day. At 9,6kg (21.5 lbs) is a blast to ride, I'm sure you'll love yours! (btw, I have read all your posts about the build, it's going to be a great bike!)

Miki

As with the other post, thanks for the information.

I am the worst I think at building a bike part by part. It is super fun but I obsess about changing parts as you know...probably because I get so much joy from buying stuff I just replaced my Truvativ Stylo Teams with Race Face Deus last week for example. Until I get the final parts from Larry, I guess I am not done...

However, the fork is the last piece to think about while Larry gets the wheel parts and builds my wheels. I am leaning towards the Marzocchi at this point so it will probably depend on how much more Larry says I have to pay over the amount I paid for the 2004 F80 RLT.

Cheers