Sep 2004

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! 2005 Devinci online

The 2005 Devinci are now online.

www.devinci.com

New in 2005 : the remix serie (1-3-5), light all mountain

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I like the Remix series.
    Has anyone noticed that the Canadian versions use a Horst link and the US versions do not?
    Advertising the touring bikes as also being cyclocross bikes is a bit silly.

Lifestyle bike?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Horst Link

Good catch about the Horst Link.

I was surprised to see the had all their line-up available in the USA. The 2004 all-mountain bikes weren't available in the USA because of the Horst link patent of Specialized.

I don't know how much it change the rear suspension feel ?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    That's why I looked at the US site...to see what bikes they had listed. I was also surprised to see the whole line-up...with a few modifications

Devinci has come a long way...I like their bikes more every year.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    looks like sweet stuff. the remix in particular...

that lifestyle bike looks like an evil imperial

mtbr member
    Me like the Guzzler/Magma. What I don't quite get is why DeVinci also has the single-pivot Chillipepper/Jalepeno. It would seem that these bikes are trying to hit the same light freeride/all-mountain market and have similar weight, geometry and builds.

Why would they market two such similar lines? Is it just to provide a choice between 4-bar and single pivot, or do they hit different price points?

EDIT - OK, now that I look again, I'm guessing that the front triangle is pretty much the same on both lines (other than the pivot locations) but that the Guzzler/Magma will only be sold in the US because of the Spec patent.
    Last edited by Gazz; 10-20-2004 at 03:46 PM. Reason: got smarter

mtbr member

Thats it!!!!

The remix will be my FS bike and goal for spring 2005.
    I have a Devinci HUcker now and its a blast to ride, and I've bee ntoying wit hthe idea of a good XC FS bike, well the Remix is the one for me for sure!!

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by highroller
    I like the Remix series.
    Has anyone noticed that the Canadian versions use a Horst link and the US versions do not?
    I'm quite sure it has to do with a patent dispute with Ellsworth. Devinci bikes use the same rear suspension design as Ellsworth ICT (Truth, Moment, Id, Witness) and hence can't be sold in the US. Something like that...

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dinger
    I'm quite sure it has to do with a patent dispute with Ellsworth. Devinci bikes use the same rear suspension design as Ellsworth ICT (Truth, Moment, Id, Witness) and hence can't be sold in the US. Something like that...
    ...and Ellsworth copied Specialized, but with a few minor design changes to avoid paying the patent fees.
    Either way...all these greedy companies and their lawyers can play their games...as long as they keep building bikes for us

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dinger
    I don't think it has anything to do with Ellsworth as other companies (turner) seem to be using the same suspension design and license only the specialized patent. I remember reading somewhere that Devinci is saying that they were willing to license the patent from specialized but specialized were not willing to even consider it.

mtbr member
    the shop I bought my 04 Guzzler from is not carrying the 05s so I cant out my hands on any to try but it looks to me like they added some serious weight to the Guzzler. I know mine doesnt weigh any where near 34 pounds

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazz
    Me like the Guzzler/Magma. What I don't quite get is why DeVinci also has the single-pivot Chillipepper/Jalepeno. It would seem that these bikes are trying to hit the same light freeride/all-mountain market and have similar weight, geometry and builds.

Why would they market two such similar lines? Is it just to provide a choice between 4-bar and single pivot, or do they hit different price points?

EDIT - OK, now that I look again, I'm guessing that the front triangle is pretty much the same on both lines (other than the pivot locations) but that the Guzzler/Magma will only be sold in the US because of the Spec patent.
    Yes, the Chili Pepper/Jalepeno lines hit very different price points than the Guzzler/Magma. I would have to agree with you all, DeVinci is great. I have an 04 Saguaro (Chilli Pepper with downgraded specs) that beautiful. Really good pedaling efficiency.
    05 Giant Faith 2