DaBomb Molotov rider

2004 Norco Sasquatch?? Or alternatives?

I'm a 6ft 2" 170lb rider, looking to do mainly free-ride and urban (eg 2-4ft drops onto flat pavement) and tricks (walls, stairs, parks etc), plus aggressive XC (no racing though). I could use some advice on the 2004 Norco Sasquatch. Would it be too heavy for the above uses?
    The 2005 Norco Bigfoot looks like a nice option too - changes from 2004 include a bashguard & a Dirt Jam Comp 120mm fork.
    My LBS only has a Large 2004 Sasquatch in stock, which I think is a 18" frame? Would that too big, given my dimensions/weight, and what I want to use it for? I already have a strictly XC bike, so I'm looking for something more versatile, and that won't fail when I start doing 4ft+ drops on trails or off walls at the local mall!
    My other option seems to be to get a more XC type bike which is beefed up for urban, perhaps like the Specialized Hard Rock Pro Disk, or Brodie Hellion.
    Thanks for any tips!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Norco Sasquatch

I bought my son a Norco Sasquatch and while it is a nice bike, the thing weighs a ton. He rides urban most of the time and has already gone through the stock forks. He is only 13 and weighs about ninety pounds. He does 2-4 foot drops and also rides cross country with me. I keep telling him that we should buy him a bike just for cc because his bike is just to heavy but he likes the feel of his Norco.

The components on the Sasquatch are mediocre at best but given the price of the bike you can't expect XT. Would I recommend the bike for your stuff, wanting to do 4+ drops, I don't think so. Depending on your price range I would think something like the Rocky Mountain ETX series. Light enough for the agressive XC and yet strong enough to take the drops but of course this is a different budget line.

If you do choose the Sasquatch, the large would be a good size.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Blakcloud

DaBomb Molotov rider

Sasquatch vs Bruiser 2 vs Hardrock Pro Disk

Quote Originally Posted by blakcloud
    The components on the Sasquatch are mediocre at best but given the price of the bike you can't expect XT. Would I recommend the bike for your stuff, wanting to do 4+ drops, I don't think so. Depending on your price range I would think something like the Rocky Mountain ETX series. Light enough for the agressive XC and yet strong enough to take the drops but of course this is a different budget line.
    Thanks for the reply. I still haven't decided whether to go with the 2004 Sasquatch at a blowout price, or whether to get a 2005 Trek Bruiser 2, or 2005 Specialized Hardrock Pro Disk (MSRP for both is around US$650-700). These other bikes don't have as good components, but are probably lighter (especially the Hardrock Pro Disk), and might fit my needs better?
    Attached Images Attached Images

DaBomb Molotov rider

2004 Norco Sasquatch: weight & price?

Quote Originally Posted by londonlad
    Thanks for the reply. I still haven't decided whether to go with the 2004 Sasquatch at a blowout price, or whether to get a 2005 Trek Bruiser 2, or 2005 Specialized Hardrock Pro Disk (MSRP for both is around US$650-700). These other bikes don't have as good components, but are probably lighter (especially the Hardrock Pro Disk), and might fit my needs better?
    How much does the stock 2004 Sasquatch weigh?
    I can get a 2004 Sasquatch for Cdn$1000 plus tax - is that a pretty good price?
    I can get a 2005 Bruiser 2 for Cdn$850 plus tax, so I'm tossing up my options here. The Bruiser 2 weighs around 33lb, and obviously doesn't have quite as good components as the Sasquatch (better fork, hydro brakes). Just wondering if it's much lighter than a Sasaquatch.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I got my Rocky Mountain ETSX-30 for agressive XC and im thinking of buying the Norco Bigfoot for some north shore type stuff.

DaBomb Molotov rider
    What is the Sasquatch like for doing bunny-hops, riding up and down walls/ledges, and similar kind of tricks, or is it too heavy?

DaBomb Molotov rider

DaBomb Molotov

Instead of the Sasquatch, I ended up getting a dual slalom bike at the Toronto Fall Bike Show for a good deal. It's a custom DaBomb Molotov, and has decent components: RockShox Psylo XC U-Turn fork adjustable from 80-125mm for different conditions, eyeletted Rhyno Lite rims, Kenda Kinetic tires, 6" mechanical disc brakes, Deore drivetrain, FSA AlphaDrive crank with Blackspire RingGod bashguard, VP-550 Alloy BMX style platform pedals, SDG Freestyle seat, FSA "The Pig" Headset, Pazzaz handlebars, OURY Mountain Bike Grips, plus a lovely lightning paint job! The picture below is unfortunately somewhat dull because of the dark weather, and doesn't do the bike justice.

It's a Dual Slalom style bike, 16" frame, 33lb total weight, and seems perfect for light free riding, urban, dirt jumping, and street riding - exactly the versatility I was after. And the short wheel-base and small frame is great for some trials type moves, popping up the front wheel, moving the bike around in the air, and doing other tricks. This style of bike seems great for all kinds of riding, wouldn't you say?
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I was working at the bike show. did you see the little bike place be the bike shop Swap Sports. we had the ri,s hanging all over the tent and the road bikes. i was the kid.