mtbr member
    Apr 2004

2004 Devinci Desperado

Well, it arrived on Friday, and I built it that night. At first I thought it was going to be way too small. It is a 20", but the design makes it look little. It came with an FSA XC-300 wheelset rather than the spec'd Mavic Crossland's. They are a lighter wheel, but I was really looking farward to tubless.

I've only had 2 days of riding on it, but it's been spectacular so far. Weighing in at approx 25lbs it's very responsive. It's the first time I've had disc brakes, and they are proving to be very powerful. The new XT shifting system is taking some getting used to, but any rider should be able to master it in a week of solid riding.

I snapped a quick picture of it for you folks:
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg M
    Well, it arrived on Friday, and I built it that night. At first I thought it was going to be way too small. It is a 20", but the design makes it look little. It came with an FSA XC-300 wheelset rather than the spec'd Mavic Crossland's. They are a lighter wheel, but I was really looking farward to tubless.

I've only had 2 days of riding on it, but it's been spectacular so far. Weighing in at approx 25lbs it's very responsive. It's the first time I've had disc brakes, and they are proving to be very powerful. The new XT shifting system is taking some getting used to, but any rider should be able to master it in a week of solid riding.

NICE RIDE!!!! Enjoy it, I ride a Hucker and totally love it.

bike junkie
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg M

I just got a 2003 Desperado a few weeks ago. Nice riding bike, really quick in the single track. I upgraded the discs to 2004 Hayes Mags and may change the shock to a Marzocchi Marathon SL. Enjoy, it's an uncommon ride.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by c-record
    I Enjoy, it's an uncommon ride.
    Yup.... don't see many if any Devinci's on the trails.