cookie round up champion

(04)Devinci Guzzler noises?

I was just wondering if anyone has an (04) Guzzler and gets clicking noises from the seatpost and stem. I weight 230lbs and am 6'4 so my seat post is pulled out to the max. Everytime I go riding, I try to dab a bit of grease on the parts, but it still seems to click and crack all the time. Not so much on the stem and handlebar anymore, but the seatpost is driving me crazy.

Cya

Jason
    You are not drunk until you're hanging onto the grass so you don't fall off the end of the earth!

mtbr member
    I solved mine by putting lube on the quick release. I guess its gunk from all the mud. BTW how do you like yours ? I just got mine a couple of weeks ago. I know its not supposed to be sold here in the USA but the shop I bought it at pre bought some before that came to pass and I got mine for under $1800. way cool!!. its been taking some getting used to having all that travel and not bouncing all over the trails.I have to clean mine every time I ride. I use progold to lube the QR and post

cookie round up champion
    Man, I love my bike, it is kinda cool because when I go out, I dont break it all the time, like I did with my trek 4500. I have had some issues with shifting, but I think it comes down to cleaning and maintaining the bike and components. I have had to bleed the brakes a few times but that is it. I was getting some chain wear on the bottom of the chain stay, so I put some epoxy on it to wear out instead of the aluminum. I bought some moly lube for the seatpost and it works great, no more clicking. It was driving me crazy, at first I thought it was the suspension pivot points, but was relieved it was only the seatpost. I don't baby the bike and it has put up with me, so I love it. I did find it bouncy after riding a hardtail everyday, but you get used to it. The bounce isnt from pedaling like some bikes, it is just absorbing the trail, which is what you want. After a while you come to love the bike. I also like the large cockpit and the wide handlebars. I would definitely recommend it to bigger guys like me. I paid 2100 cnd for it, it was a demo bike for the shop, it was ridden about 6 times. It still came with a new warranty and such, so I thought it was a great deal and I saved 500 bucks off the new price.
    You are not drunk until you're hanging onto the grass so you don't fall off the end of the earth!

mtbr member
    I was riding a 01 Diamondback XTS3 that was a freebie(warranty replacement) after breaking the frame on my DB Vlink and so the long cockpit has been an excellent refreshingly wonderful trial period. its not as fast climbing as the XTS3 but it will not take long to adjust to that.on the flats I was always the sweeper on group rides because I just couldnt keep up. that changed today. I blew the pack away. the suspension is proving itself fun and the balance of this blackbeast is confidence inspiring. the seat itself was a bit noisy today so I"ll hit it with lube tomorrow. I weigh just under 200lbs so I dont think that will be such an issue. I am 5'10" too so its nice to stretch out and have the width of the bars as you said. it is not a racing bike by far but neither am I so I am thinking I will keep this bike until it breaks. my only gripe is the wireties that hold the cable for the rear brake keep breaking. I am glad Cobblestone bikes got to get some Devincis so I could get one. it was worth the wait

cookie round up champion
    Are you talking about the little clips that come stock on the bike to hold down the hydraulic line to the anchors brazed on the frame? If you look closely there should be a small channel between the frame and the rounded seat, you can remove the clips and put in small zip ties or zap straps or whatever people call them nowdays. I wrapped the line with electrical tape first so the strap wont wear into the line if it does end up rubbing.

mtbr member
    the "stock" clips lasted no time. the zip ties have not been doing well either. Ill try the electrical tape to see if that softens the edge a little. its like I look down and it snaps. I will try some stronger ones if I can find them. all I can find in the ultra strong is clear(milky). thanks for the advice. I finally got the fork and shock like I want them today. not too mushy, not too stiff but lots of bump eating. the MX still needs a little break in but it"ll be fine by this time next week I suppose. the web site suggests a curb hop test to get them like I want them. the tree hop(or hit) has been much better for what I want.that 30mm flip lever is cool too when its set in absorb mode(120mm and I hit some big climbs I just flipped it(30mm) and could tell a huge difference today from when I had 50psi in the fork. like lockout only better. the more I fiddle with this bike the more I like it. I dropped the rear shock to 200psi and opened the rebound up almost completly and it feels like riding on air yet no bob on climbs. I have not had a need yet to open up the travel all the way but I have played with it just for kicks to feel the difference. Im gonna hit a trail tomorrow that will require the whole travel just to see what real DH is like. cant wait to try it out