mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Is zipbeebikes.com legit or have good customer service?

They're on ebay with a disclaimer to contact them before checking out. It's their way of saving some $$$$ on ebay fees. Emailing them from the website the reply was poorly written, almost in "scam language" aka broken English, etc.

Anyone deal with them in the San Diego area?

I wanted to buy a fork and the price was the best online but they told me their credit card processing was down and I'd have to pay with PayPal. Just a few minor red flags hence this post.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    yeah none of those are "minor" red flags, they are all pretty clear signs of a scam

mtbr member
    Jan 2013

Zipbee Bikes

So the person who deals with the Zipbee Bikes Ebay is Taiwanese. That is why the english is bad or not correct.

What he was trying to do was save money on Ebay fees for seller, so he would send an invoice which bypasses ebay and there seller fees. Giving discount as well.
    ($5 instant savings)

Ebay did like this so he had to stop doing it.

This would allow him to sell items cheaper.

How do I know this
    I work for him.....

*I just want people to know he is not a scammer.*

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    While searching for info on these guys I came across this thread.

These guys are legit. I bought a 27.5" RS Pike from them for $820. Since they're in San Diego, I cruised by and picked it up myself and checked out their shop. Kevin is the main guy in the shop and he's cool and knowledgable.

I'll be back for more deals.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Just another vote to say these guys are legit. I have bought a couple of forks from them. They have a storefront over in Miramar. Nice guys.

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    I'm stoked about these guys. I hope they stay busy and stay around.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    Just wanted to say I was hesitant about ordering from this relatively unknown retailer. However, I called to verify they had what I wanted in stock (an Osprey Syncro hydration pack) and that it would arrive in time for my bikepacking trip and got a good vibe from them.

Ordered the pack and it arrived very quickly. Awesome deal ($76 for a $120 Syncro 15) shipped free and in a timely manner. Couldn't have been better.

mtbr member
    Recently bought a Rockshox Pike 29er 140mm fork from these guys after seeing an ad on Craiglist, it was the real deal, $750 out the door.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014

I bought a Kurt kinetic trainer from them. I don't know about customer service but the price couldn't be beat. Got the newest version for what people on Craigslist we're asking for used ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Mar 2014

Legit. I walked in the store and paid same price they had posted on pinkbike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    bought 2 rockshox reverb from them in 2 mos.. local pick-up.. they are legit.. nice price too.. $270

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I know a guy that bought a Jamis trail bike form their Miramar shop.