mtbr member
    Dec 2004

XC riding in Temecula

Anything good? Where? I am new to the area. thanks
    mike

Ya, right.
    Try this site: http://www.mybikesite.com/socal/trails/ Look in the Riverside county section and the San Diego section.

Not much in your immediate area, but San Diego is mt biking bliss. Lots to choose from and all very close to Temecula.
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    There's not too much in the Temecula area.

There is the Santa Rosa Plateau in Murrieta (off Clinton Keith). Not technical at all, but some fun trails nevertheless. More trails are in the Hemet area (Simpson Park/Transcon). Or you could head up to Idylwild (Hurkey Creek).

Other than those three, you'll have to travel a bit. San Juan (off the Ortega Hwy) is one of the best trails in So Cal. You could also travel south toward San Diego and hit up Lake Hodges or Daley Ranch.

Good luck!

Its only 1" on the map!

I view Temecula as

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpot
    There's not too much in the Temecula area.

There is the Santa Rosa Plateau in Murrieta (off Clinton Keith). Not technical at all, but some fun trails nevertheless. More trails are in the Hemet area (Simpson Park/Transcon). Or you could head up to Idylwild (Hurkey Creek).

Other than those three, you'll have to travel a bit. San Juan (off the Ortega Hwy) is one of the best trails in So Cal. You could also travel south toward San Diego and hit up Lake Hodges or Daley Ranch.

Good luck!
    somewhat as an untapped MTB area. There are tons of motorcycle cuts all over the hills by Murrieta, Lake Elsinore, and out east near Vail Lake and stuff a little further east. Some of that motorcycle has to be suitable for a little MTB action. No what is legal or not is another question.
    Last edited by mtbbill; 02-13-2005 at 06:27 AM.

player hater
    When did you move to Temecula?

"Ride Lots" - Eddie Mercx

temecula is also fairly close

Quote Originally Posted by mgsuarez
    Anything good? Where? I am new to the area. thanks
    mike
    to Idyllwild which has many good trails.

YR

mtbr member

Superman, La Cresta, SJT, Chiquito?

La Cresta (Santa Rosa) isn't the most technical, but it's still fun. Superman is right there too which is pretty technical & can tie together for a pretty decent ride. I ride up Clinton Keith pretty often, because of the convenience. When I have time though, I head north a bit to hwy 74 & ride the Ortegas. San Juan, Chiquito & a few other trails along divide. Let me know if you want to meet up & check some trails out next weekend.

What kind of trails are you looking for? What do you typically ride?

I haven't been down to San Diego area ,but heard it's fun.

-Adam

Just Grin and HUCK it...
    There's also a cool single track that starts directly across the street from the fire station on Clinton Keith called slaughterhouse. It takes you into La Cresta on a street just past the guard shack. Haven't ridden it in over a year, so I have no idea what condition it's in. I would surmise that it's in pretty bad shape after the rain came through a while back. From the top, we would ride out of La Cresta and into Santa Rosa Plateau, do a loop or two, then back out the way we came in.

To ride inside La Cresta, you really have to know where to go. There are a bunch of trails in there, but many are horse trails. Blowout is a killer fire road climb in La Cresta that leads you up to a nice single track that'll take you to the radio towers above Lake Elsinore, but I can't remember how to get to it. It's been a while...

mtbr member

That's the trail.

I never knew it was called slaughterhouse, but I know the trail. If you start at the fire station, ride up slaughter to La Cresta & mess around there, THEN cross Clinton Keith & take Superman down behind the fire station to the housing tracks below you can rack up a pretty good distance. I haven't done the whole ride lately due to rain, but I imagine it's pretty bad condition. I'm interested in the trail heading up to the radio towers...I've been to the towers from the San Juan trail side of the divide, but never from La Cresta.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE RAIN TO STOP!

Ya, right.
    Slaughterhouse is one of my favorites. Whenever I feel like I got this mt biking thing figured out, I go ride Slaughterhouse and it takes my pride down a notch or two, back down to where it should be. Good times
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.