Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2005

Wow, my stolen bike on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/BIANCHI-S-A-S-S-...item588a9cfbb7

Unbelievable. Described as Thomson due to the sticker I happen to slap on that
    came with the post. How to reclaim my bike....

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    Are you certain it is yours? It is a pretty unique bike so I am sure you are. Looks like that seller does alot of bike business. Chances are he picked it up cheap intending to flip it. If he knew it was stolen he would have just parted it out. Lots of nice parts on that rig so he could make alot of money. Hopefully you have proof and a police report. If so just call the cops and get your bike back. If not, good luck. Always register your bikes. Keep reciepts and photos of the serial numbers.
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    yeah its mine alright. my ritchey pedals were swapped and the topeak speedometer removed.
    I also posted pictures of the bike in a thread a few weeks ago on here.
    this one - Stolen Bianchi SASS Santa Monica Area

Master of the Face Plant
    Feb 2004
    well then here is what you do taken from ebay:
    Here's some information about: Rules on stolen property
    It's against the law and against eBay policies to sell stolen property.

If you have reason to believe that someone is selling stolen items on eBay or if someone sold you a stolen item, here's what you need to do:

1.Get the item number and the seller's user ID.
    2.Contact the police and explain the situation. You can find local law enforcement officers on the USACops website.
    3.Give the item number and the seller's user ID to the officers assigned to the case.
    4.Tell the officers to email us at stopfraud@ebay.com with the following information (note that only law enforcement officers should contact eBay):
    ◦Name
    ◦Title
    ◦Organization
    ◦Phone number
    ◦Email
    ◦Address
    ◦Case number
    ◦eBay item number
    ◦eBay seller's user ID
    ◦Summary of the situation
    http://www.nbbikes.com/
    ^^^Best Bike Shop of MTBR 2008^^^

mtbr member
    I would definitely get the cops involved and get your bike back!!!!!

mtbr member
    yep looks like the same bike to me, act fast before they sell it or end the auction i wold not contact the seller go to the cops

not so 1337 mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    does it have that your bike suck sticker?

Flaccid Member
    What happens if you hit "buy it now" get your bike back, and then can prove to ebay and PayPal, that the bike is your bike and the serial numbers match? do you still have to pay PayPal? You'd need documentation of the serial number before you made the purchase.

Or have a friend buy it for you?

This seller, I bet, has probably moved a lot of stolen merchandise through Ebay. No location of where he is out of, although a return address on a shipping label would be nice.

mtbr member
    I used eBay's 'nearest first' feature & google maps to figure out that the seller is south of 91 and east of 605... between Lakewood and Anaheim. According to eBay, he is less than 5mi from;

La Palma, CA 90623
    Cerritos, CA 90703
    Cypress, CA 90630
    Hawaiian Gardens, CA 90716
    Los Alamitos, CA 90720

Good luck getting your bike back.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    Yep I have to wait until tomorrow to talk to the detectives.

mtbr member
    Dude this is what ya got to do
    1 click buy it now so that no one else gets it before you ,
    2 arrange for local pick up will pay cash.
    Option # 1 show up with 3 of your biggest friends and have a good beat down and get your bike back or
    Option # 2 contact local PD arrange for a detective to go with you for pick up and arrest this A$$hole
    the main thing is to lock this thing up with the buy it now option right now.
    Good luck let us know the outcome..
    Last edited by Rakuman; 10-31-2010 at 05:08 PM.
    I always type in bold cuz I'm blind as a bat
    For the Rich there is therapy!!!! for the rest of us we have Mountain Biking

You know my steez...
    I agree with Rakuman.
    You should just "buy it" before someone else does.
    The seller has a pretty good feedback number on eBay. It's possible that he or she didn't steal it but bought it from the theif.
    Just get it back and work it out with the cops and eBay later.
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Reminding me, i gotta take pics of my bikes and serial numbers and do all that registering stuff..

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakuman
    Option # 2 contact local PD arrange for a detective to go with you for pick up and arrest this A$$hole.
    A friend of mine did this for a stolen book bag, she knew it was hers because it was a very unique bag she bought overseas. The same person was selling a few other things they stole from her car. The cops did a full sting operation because she could positively identify her stuff based on specific items not shown in the ad.

Not only did she get all her stuff back, but the cops had a warrant to search the property and found a bag full of stolen cell phones and other stolen property.

I hope you get your bike back.
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

You know my steez...
    Quote Originally Posted by herbn
    Reminding me, i gotta take pics of my bikes and serial numbers and do all that registering stuff..
    I know my serial # by heart
    I'm unique, just like everyone else....

mtbr member
    The key to getting it back is being able to prove conclusively that it's your bike. I would think you will need a sales receipt with the serial number. The next best thing would be detailed pictures, but without providing a serial number even that may not work. Best case is the eBay seller is an honest guy and will simply return it to you.

I agree though that you ought to BIN so someone else doesn't buy it and really complicate the situation. Once you BIN, I think you have 72 hours to pay, which ought to buy you enough time to decide how to proceed. I sure hope this works out for you. My best bike is a UPS brown BUSS, and I'd sure hate to lose it.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    Best of luck with the detectives tomorrow. I read your thread 3 weeks ago and thought "man that's such a bummer, the thieves must have really wanted that bike to cut through the rack"

It's nice to see you found it. My guess is eBay seller doesn't know its stolen (however probably doesn't do his diligence to check the legality of his merchandise based on the number of transactions).

Let us know how it goes, if there's one thing his forum loves, it's mountain biking. If there's another thing, it's justice.

beware the grammar police
    hmmmmmm that is a great deal on a sweet bike.......

definately do the "buy it now".... contact the po-po in the morning...

get your stuff back........ hopefully if the seller is a fence he will get in some trouble... or he will rat out the thieves....

mtbr member
    Hope you get it back. If you do, you may want to consider replacing that cracked stem.

mtbr member
    any update? I see the auction ended and am curious because that seller has sold a lot of items.

beware the grammar police
    Quote Originally Posted by watkinscapital
    any update? I see the auction ended and am curious because that seller has sold a lot of items.
    i hope he did the buy it now and is there with the cops right now.....

mtbr member
    Oct 2010
    What a cool forum how people go out of their ways to help others. Most forums are a bunch of duchbags

CEB
    No horse'n round
    The mountain bike community is a tight knit, easy to get along with group of people.... generally.

Glad we tend to watch out for each other.

Lesson learned from this thread: Get my bike Ser# and proof of ownership together. Ya never know when ones bike may show up on e-bay/CList!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    I can't wait to hear an update on this, I hope you get your bike back. May I ask how it was stolen?

Beer Please!
    Quote Originally Posted by xcloaf
    I can't wait to hear an update on this, I hope you get your bike back. May I ask how it was stolen?

he linked this thread in his post. here it is again:

Stolen Bianchi SASS Santa Monica Area
    telling me to stay out of a former bombing range next to a dump while you build huge houses next to it? Screw you.-sandmangts

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast